Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Lisa--I looked up eel pics so I could better visualize their heads coming out of a slit in a
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30549 at 6:08 pm on Oct 16, 2018
pie crust, thereby giving the eels ample opportunity to "view" or gaze at the dough star shapes on top of the decorated pie crust. Oh, my. I also assume that Laurie Colwin's hostess who served the starry gazey entrees had her squid eyeballs poking out of her pies. I believe I could handle an old-fashioned fish bake over a starry gazey medieval fish meal. And in all honesty--after reading Laurie's entire article, the Scottish gentleman's meal sounded the best. What a sad commentary, n'est-ce pas?
Other messages in this thread:
- 30549. For Lisa and anyone else in need of a laugh: Laurie Colwin's *Repulsive Meals* [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:28pm on 10/15/18 (4)
- Love this! I especially love the word "ghastly" - she uses it perfectly in her writing. - LisainLA - 3:22am on 10/16/18
- Amen sister. The worst restaurant meal I ever had was in Paris. Can you believe that! - MarilynFL - 11:36am on 10/16/18
- Marilyn, that is SO funny. I really shouldn't laugh since you didn't have a clue as to the local - wigs - 5:19pm on 10/16/18
- Lisa--I looked up eel pics so I could better visualize their heads coming out of a slit in a - wigs - 6:08pm on 10/16/18