Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The really reliable route is obits. Unfortunately. May be good news if you don't find something. The
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30550 at 6:25 pm on Oct 17, 2018
newspapers of the region, even the Vancouver Sun, since people would likely move around in the Vancouver area, are open to visitors to the obit sections.
I tend to start with obits. Local smaller newspapers also feature little events about people, so in that respect, general broad googling is very helpful. University alumni magazines online. I love a challenge.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30550. Need you guys's help - oli - 12:22am on 10/16/18 (12)
- Yep, lots on facebook here but I think some of us have become too leary, leery, o'leary. I can't - Marg CDN2 - 1:25am on 10/16/18
- We used to live in Burnaby, so they were my childhood friends from homes on the street. [NT] - oli - 2:33am on 10/16/18
- Maybe this will give you a way - Charley - 10:55am on 10/16/18
- Thanks for the help, looks dawnting, probably because I don't use facebook. [NT] - oli - 12:24pm on 10/16/18
- oli, would this site help you any? It's advertised to help track down people living in Canada. [LINK] - wigs - 1:30pm on 10/16/18
- Thanks, I got a couple of address and will mail out letters to each person. - oli - 6:51pm on 10/16/18
- I think the Facebook is set up. - oli - 9:42pm on 10/16/18
- Facebook is a pretty amazing way to get connected. Our DSIL found a brother he - Charley - 10:46am on 10/18/18
- Since setting up my FB account I am being asked to post a pic. of myself to be reactivated [NT] - oli - 2:51pm on 10/18/18
- The really reliable route is obits. Unfortunately. May be good news if you don't find something. The [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 6:25pm on 10/17/18
- I would start with G**gle... - MariaDNoCA - 3:45am on 10/19/18
- I appreciate your help and suggestion and if I hadn't mentioned it before, thanks to everyone. [NT] - oli - 2:41pm on 10/19/18