Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Facebook is a pretty amazing way to get connected. Our DSIL found a brother he
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30550 at 10:46 am on Oct 18, 2018
had not connected with in decades by finding the man's son (same name) and posting to him.
It can be as simple as posting to a person's wall and asking if they are from ______ in your case. That makes it less "threatening" than naming names until you get a "hit".
Other messages in this thread:
- 30550. Need you guys's help - oli - 12:22am on 10/16/18 (12)
- Yep, lots on facebook here but I think some of us have become too leary, leery, o'leary. I can't - Marg CDN2 - 1:25am on 10/16/18
- We used to live in Burnaby, so they were my childhood friends from homes on the street. [NT] - oli - 2:33am on 10/16/18
- Maybe this will give you a way - Charley - 10:55am on 10/16/18
- Thanks for the help, looks dawnting, probably because I don't use facebook. [NT] - oli - 12:24pm on 10/16/18
- oli, would this site help you any? It's advertised to help track down people living in Canada. [LINK] - wigs - 1:30pm on 10/16/18
- Thanks, I got a couple of address and will mail out letters to each person. - oli - 6:51pm on 10/16/18
- I think the Facebook is set up. - oli - 9:42pm on 10/16/18
- Facebook is a pretty amazing way to get connected. Our DSIL found a brother he - Charley - 10:46am on 10/18/18
- Since setting up my FB account I am being asked to post a pic. of myself to be reactivated [NT] - oli - 2:51pm on 10/18/18
- The really reliable route is obits. Unfortunately. May be good news if you don't find something. The [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 6:25pm on 10/17/18
- I would start with G**gle... - MariaDNoCA - 3:45am on 10/19/18
- I appreciate your help and suggestion and if I hadn't mentioned it before, thanks to everyone. [NT] - oli - 2:41pm on 10/19/18