Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No worries about dryness! I run across so many people that are sooo impressed. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30551 at 5:55 pm on Oct 19, 2018
with the things I make from scratch. Seems like way too many people just don't get too much food from scratch--ESPECIALLY desserts. This is mildly depressing to me.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30551. Recipe: Sweet Potato Pie Perfected featured in Garden and Gun Magazine [LINK] - GayR - 3:55pm on 10/17/18 (21)
- [NT] - GayR - 4:03pm on 10/17/18
- Here is an article on the award winning Pastry Chef plus additional recipe featured in [LINK] - GayR - 5:08pm on 10/17/18
- If you ever are near Birmingham, DO eat at Frank Stitt's Highlands Grill - Charley - 2:05pm on 10/18/18
- Actually, we did eat there. We used to fly into Birmingham to go to Hoover music - MarilynFL - 10:37pm on 10/18/18
- Amen to her recommendations. Roasting garnet yams and then buzzing them in - MarilynFL - 2:10am on 10/18/18
- Marilyn, Her Bourbon Glazed Pound Cake is in the second post..... [NT] - GayR - 2:36am on 10/18/18
- Mar, Interesting article Southern Living, plus recipes The Best Way to Make a Pound Cake [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:57pm on 10/18/18
- Southern Living - Ten Steps to the Perfect Pound Cake [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 1:03pm on 10/18/18
- More pound cake hints: The Biggest Mistake When Making a Pound Cake by SL [LINK] - wigs - 3:48pm on 10/18/18
- Even MORE Southern Living Pound Cake tips "13 Ways To Ruin a Pound Cake" + RECs for: [LINK] - wigs - 4:00pm on 10/18/18
- Okay...lots of reading to do. Construction guy asked for buttermilk chocolate cake. Southern? [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:59pm on 10/18/18
- Here’s her Rec: Bourbon glazed pound cake recipe. No sour cream in this one. [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:31am on 10/19/18
- oh geez...you're right. Construction guys loved the cake...I thought it was dry. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:57pm on 10/18/18
- No worries about dryness! I run across so many people that are sooo impressed. . . - mistral - 5:55pm on 10/19/18
- I thought pound cake was supposed to be on the dry side. Am I all wet? (Pun intended!) [NT] - wigs - 1:57pm on 10/18/18
- Certainly not "dry" but not "sad", although pound cake is good no matter how it is!! ;o) [NT] - Charley - 1:59pm on 10/18/18
- NOt enough butter--it's a POUND cake!! LOL Maybe over baking, however--or - Charley - 2:01pm on 10/18/18
- Yes, I know it didn't have 2 cups of butter, just one, but it also had a cup of full-fat sour cream. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:58pm on 10/18/18
- I was sort of kidding about the "pound" thing. I have made sour cream pound cakes - Charley - 10:48am on 10/19/18
- Here is the bourbon glazed pound cake recipe and as you see, for her 6 eggs - Charley - 2:10pm on 10/18/18
- This looks like a good pound cake REC. Check out the height on this in link picture! [LINK] - wigs - 2:55pm on 10/19/18