Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Oli, I started with FB many years ago and let my account sit for a couple of years. No activity...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30558 at 3:41 pm on Oct 20, 2018
...and little to no input from me.
For some reason, and I really don't remember why, I started using it.
In my case, finding old friends wasn't too hard, as I found FB pages for my elementary school and junior high and high school on there. Lots of memories and I was able to find a half-dozen or more friends from that era that I hadn't spoken to or known of their whereabouts for 40 years.
It's been GREAT!
I was just the best man at a wedding this summer. The groom was a junior high/high school buddy I hadn't seen in 40 years before re-connecting on FB. The bride was the girl who lived across the street from my family when I was a young child. I met her when I was 6. They met each other through MY FB page, since I was friends with both of them. Turned out he had a crush on her in high school, but was too shy to speak to her. They met, fell in love and got married last July!
Yes, there is a dark side, and I have stories about that too. BUT, since 95% of my experience has been positive, I tend to focus on that.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 30558. Can you believe this since I created a Facebook account, they asked for a photo of me and today my b [NT] - oli - 2:44pm on 10/19/18 (24)
- I can't edit my post. So as I was saying they wanted a photo of me and while I waited 72 hrs. - oli - 2:49pm on 10/19/18
- Millions of folks have a Facebook account and many seem to really enjoy it - KarenNoCA - 4:27pm on 10/19/18
- I think that is a fair assessment, Karen. Steve Donner considered it the evil empire. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:31pm on 10/19/18
- So, Michael, did you have to open up a new FB account to be able to play? - oli - 11:00pm on 10/19/18
- Oli, I started with FB many years ago and let my account sit for a couple of years. No activity... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:41pm on 10/20/18
- Michael, I gave the school thing a try just for fun and nothing from my generation, nothing - oli - 7:00pm on 10/20/18
- I attended public school from 1965 to 1978 and found several for each level. ??? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:06pm on 10/21/18
- But then, my schools were in a large city. Not sure if that is the same in your case. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:11pm on 10/22/18
- My 2 schools was in Burnaby, which is a suburb of Vancouver, like Paradise Valley - oli - 8:29pm on 10/22/18
- C'mon Oli. Let's do some creative googling see what we come up with. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 8:11pm on 10/23/18
- Did the google thing, maybe I am not spending enough hours, but I may try again, but I don't expect - oli - 9:02pm on 10/23/18
- Just add bacon, Oli. Doesn't bacon fix everything?? ;-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:51am on 10/24/18
- :-D!!! [NT] - LisainLA - 2:18pm on 10/24/18
- I would love to. Problem is it solves everything mometarily. Going vegan lately, but bacon is yum. [NT] - oli - 12:46am on 10/25/18
- Yep, I feel the same. I don’t and haven’t done FB ever - MariaDNoCA - 6:05am on 10/20/18
- Thanks, I agree. More details with G over FB. I was able to send message to the - oli - 2:45pm on 10/20/18
- I totally agree with you and that is why I only now have set up an account to find out - oli - 10:38pm on 10/19/18
- KarenNoCA, U had a similar experience to mine during my very brief sojourn into FB. I - wigs - 7:00am on 10/20/18
- I also had initially set it up to see if it was something I could really use. I don't know how many - oli - 2:53pm on 10/20/18
- I put a pic of a seagull for mine which was accepted by FB - Anna_X - 8:09pm on 10/19/18
- Thanks for the suggestions, Anna. - oli - 10:40pm on 10/19/18
- Account accepted. I am waiting for a report on my first account, to see why they deactivated it. [NT] - oli - 10:17pm on 10/19/18
- Gave up waiting for the report - taking too long [NT] - oli - 3:53pm on 10/21/18
- Been on facebook many years. Never a problem. You can shut off email or other notifications. I get n - AngAk1 - 12:21am on 12/31/18