Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Has anyone made almond lace cookies using ground almonds?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30561 at 10:40 pm on Oct 21, 2018
I have several pounds of almond meal and am looking for creative outlets.
So far...creativity tanking.
here's a basic recipe calling for almonds or pecans, chopped fine
8 TBL unsalted butter
3/4 C dark brown sugar
1/2 C light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
6 TBL flour, sifted
1 C almonds or pecans, chopped fine.
1 TBL heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350
Heat first three ingredients to light boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
Remove and add remaining ingredients.
Drop rounded teaspoon onto pan 3" apart.
Bake 6-7 minutes (bubbling will subside)
Let cool one minute then shape (roll, draped, cone, muffin tin)
Hold in place for 10 seconds to set.
With no humidity issues, cookies will last up to month in airtight container.
PS: By the time you're done, you'll have a lovely pile of cookies and the possibility of no remaining fingerprints. This is your big chance to rob a safe. Don't blow it.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30561. Has anyone made almond lace cookies using ground almonds? - MarilynFL - 10:40pm on 10/21/18 (7)
- What about [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:29pm on 10/24/18
- Too many fingers. What about Florentines? - Marg CDN2 - 9:30pm on 10/24/18
- That begs the same question: can I use almond meal in lieu of finely ground almonds? [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:11am on 10/25/18
- Yes. We do it all the time for our - Richard in Cincy - 12:54pm on 10/25/18
- Oh goodie! Thanks Marg. Thanks Richard. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:44pm on 10/25/18
- Sorry, I was not sure which was the question. I have made these with finely ground. Just adjusted - Marg CDN2 - 8:59pm on 10/25/18
- M, have you had your eyes checked for cataracts? I had them in both AND a wrinkle in - MarilynFL - 10:21pm on 10/25/18