Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sugar Cookie Taste Test results are in: here's how the game went:
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30562 at 11:10 am on Oct 22, 2018
1. Sandy and I are former roommates, back when I had a waist and eyebrows. She's a talented graphic artist and is married to a clever computer geek. They live in CA. Sandy designs so her vision is highly tuned. Her husband likes to analyze things: he's into the analytics of wine tasting, beer brewing, and cigar-smoking: fun stuff that can be quantified and qualified.
2. I've been sending Sandy "Penny's sugar cookies" since the recipe was first posted at Gail's Swap. I'm not a sugar cookie person myself...if chocolate or peanut butter atoms aren't included, the nuclear force required to grab one is minimal for me.
3. I asked--and you provided--a new selection of sugar cookie recipes. Thank you!
4. I scaled down most of the recipes to 1 cup (or less of) flour and used vanilla-bean paste in ALL the cookies for some measure of consistency.
5. If cookie included butter (and not all did), I used the same KerryGold butter.
6. I rolled all the cookies out to 1/4", cut them with the same cutter and left them all plain in order for taste to be the determining factor.
I included 3 cookies each from 4 recipes, a small jar of "Sugar Baby Icing" and some sprinkles. Again, I wanted the plain cookie to be the determining factor.
And actually, all I expected was "I liked X best."
But then I received this: (see next post)
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30562. Sugar Cookie Taste Test results are in: here's how the game went: [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:10am on 10/22/18 (9)
- Results in anal-retentive spreadsheet form (I love it!) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:11am on 10/22/18
- Here are the entries: - MarilynFL - 11:31am on 10/22/18
- Here is the original request with the recipes (although NOT the cornstarch one I used) [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:49am on 10/22/18
- What fun! Thanks for the follow up. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:22pm on 10/22/18
- LOVE the spreadsheet! [NT] - Lana in FL - 1:36am on 10/23/18
- YAY humble sugar cookie...that's one I've made forever (by another name) - cheezz - 6:14pm on 10/31/18
- Cheezz, Richard's rolled out and cut with no issues. I used a sunflower/coco oil - MarilynFL - 2:30pm on 11/01/18
- No, mine must have different ratios - I'm going to compare cup for cup [NT] - cheezz - 6:31pm on 11/05/18
- Differences, similarities...mine has additional 1 cup butter and 1 cup flour - cheezz - 6:56pm on 11/05/18