Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Of course it is something I would do! :)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30555 at 2:27 pm on Oct 22, 2018
We are planning a huge Christmas celebration this year. All of the kids and grandkids will be in (we're on the every other year plan these days). We'll have 5 trees throughout the house (including my grandmother's tinsel tree that I opened presents under as a small tyke), the halls will be decked with swags of garland dripping lights and ornaments, German pyramids, an army of nutcrackers, dozens of white candles in crystal sitting on a large mirror on the library table surrounded by a wreath of holly, the silver polished, and the tablescapes duly futzed with.
For the Christmas Feast, we will be cooking and baking up an old-fashioned Kentucky menu this year. I've had a large Kentucky country cured ham hanging in the basement for 3 years now and will be hauling it upstairs for the 3 days of preparation and cooking that it requires, there will be groaning sideboards with Wassail bowl, champagne bourbon cherry punch, spiced nuts, cheese straws, Benedictine spread and beer cheese with crackers, roasted turkey and gravy, sage dressing, scalloped oysters, roasted potatoes, corn pudding, green beans, roasted brussels sprouts, bourbon pecan sweet potatoes, cranberry relish, homemade breads (salt-rising, sally lunn, cornbread, rye), butter-glazed carrot cake with cream cheese icing, Kentucky Bourbon cherry and pineapple fruit cake, blackberry jam cake with caramel icing, apple, cherry, and mincemeat pies, bourbon balls, sugarplums, heaping platters of our German Christmas cookies, homemade chocolates, fudge, and barks, and housemade cordials (blackberry, peach, cherry).
Other messages in this thread:
- 30555. Dreamt about Richard's Christmas party - Anna_X - 1:53am on 10/19/18 (12)
- ...what sugarplum drug did YOU take before bed? Cause I want some... [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:04pm on 10/19/18
- LOL, no drugs. But it was a fantastic dream! [NT] - Anna_X - 8:11pm on 10/19/18
- My dreams are usually the same old subject, I have lost my keys to the room in a huge - KarenNoCA - 5:01pm on 10/20/18
- I'm usually barefoot, lost and in need of a bathroom. In Paris. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:40pm on 10/21/18
- Of course it is something I would do! :) - Richard in Cincy - 2:27pm on 10/22/18
- Holy cow. I am always astonished at your incredible feasts. Wow. [NT] - CathyZKauai - 3:35pm on 10/23/18
- Come join us!!! - Richard in Cincy - 4:18pm on 10/23/18
- Only in my dreams. Cathy, if you ever go, be our reporter on the scene, pls. [NT] - Anna_X - 4:23pm on 10/23/18
- Oh how I would love to. Send a photo of the samovar when you finish polishing it. [NT] - CathyZKauai - 3:35pm on 10/24/18
- So I guess the movie premiere for *Nutcracker & the Four Realms* is being held at your house? [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:30pm on 10/23/18
- Oohhhhhhh, I cannot wait!!! - Richard in Cincy - 1:05pm on 10/25/18
- Oh yes. Very Escher-esque. I was hoping for a table shot of sumptuous dessert goodies, but - MarilynFL - 4:40pm on 10/25/18