Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Too many fingers. What about Florentines?
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30561 at 9:30 pm on Oct 24, 2018
½ c. 35% cream 3/4 c. chopped candied orange peel
3 T. Butter ½ c. granulated sugar
1 1/4 c. finely chopped almonds 1/3 c. ap flour, sifted
½ c. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
Combine cream, butter & sugar in saucepan & bring to boil. Remove from heat & stir in almonds, flour & peel. Grease & flour cookie sheets. Drop batter by tablespoonsful, 3" apart. Bake at 350 about 10 min.
Cool 4 minutes and remove with spatula to cake rack. Brush one side of each cookie with melted chocolate. Yield: 24
Other messages in this thread:
- 30561. Has anyone made almond lace cookies using ground almonds? - MarilynFL - 10:40pm on 10/21/18 (7)
- What about [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:29pm on 10/24/18
- Too many fingers. What about Florentines? - Marg CDN2 - 9:30pm on 10/24/18
- That begs the same question: can I use almond meal in lieu of finely ground almonds? [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:11am on 10/25/18
- Yes. We do it all the time for our - Richard in Cincy - 12:54pm on 10/25/18
- Oh goodie! Thanks Marg. Thanks Richard. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:44pm on 10/25/18
- Sorry, I was not sure which was the question. I have made these with finely ground. Just adjusted - Marg CDN2 - 8:59pm on 10/25/18
- M, have you had your eyes checked for cataracts? I had them in both AND a wrinkle in - MarilynFL - 10:21pm on 10/25/18