Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
French Chocolate Macaroons with Chocolate Ganache Filling
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30570 at 1:40 pm on Oct 26, 2018
Another Gourmet Cookbook Recipe. This is a glorious little treat inspired by the Parisian pastry shop Dalloyau:
7 oz. skinned whole almonds
3.5 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa
7/8 cup (about 6 large) egg whites
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons whole milk
2.5 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 pound of butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Oven 400F. Middle shelf. 2 parchment lined baking sheets.
Pulse almonds with 2 cups conf. sugar in a food processor until finely ground (powder). Add cocoa and remaining conf. sugar and pulse until combined.
Beat egg whites with salt in a large bowl at medium-high speed until they hold soft peaks. Add granulated sugar and beat until they hold stiff peaks. Gently but thoroughly fold in almond mixture in 3 batches. Batter will be very soft.
Transfer batter to pastry bag with a 1/4-inch plain tip. Pipe 1-inch wide mounds about 2 inches apart on the parchment paper. Bake macaroons in taches until tops are slightly cracked and appear dry but are still slightly soft to the touch, 8-10 minutes per batch. Transfer the macaroons on their parchment from the baking sheets to dampened kitchen towels and cool for 5 minutes, then peel from paper and cool completely on wire racks.
Bring cream and milk to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over moderate heat. Whisk in cocoa and remove from heat. Add chopped chocolate and butter. Stir until smooth. Cool then refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to hold its shape when spread, about 30 minutes.
Sandwich flat sides of macaroons together with the filling.
Filled macaroons keep, layered between sheets of wax or parchment paper in an airtight container and refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
These are Sinfully Delicious!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30570. Early Fall Cooking Binge - Richard in Cincy - 12:51pm on 10/26/18 (25)
- BIG EZ PANINI [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 12:54pm on 10/26/18
- OMG! I have everything on hand to make this tomorrow! - colleenmomof2 - 3:33pm on 10/26/18
- !Fiesta! Salad with Zesty French Dressing [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 12:56pm on 10/26/18
- Thank you, - LisainLA - 12:48am on 10/30/18
- White Chocolate Apricot Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 12:58pm on 10/26/18
- Boy, oboy, that's a killer dessert [NT] - oli - 2:21pm on 10/26/18
- Moroccan Chicken Soup [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:04pm on 10/26/18
- Pickled Vegetables [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:09pm on 10/26/18
- The complete cookbook: "High Made Food" from the HIgh Cafe of Comfort, Texas [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:11pm on 10/26/18
- I just opened a new jar of these up for lunch and... - Richard in Cincy - 6:43pm on 10/26/18
- NYC Deli style salt-brined Garlic Pickled Green Tomatoes - Richard in Cincy - 1:24pm on 10/26/18
- My childhood friend's mother made (unsweet) pickled green tomatoes - Melissa Dallas - 3:45pm on 10/26/18
- These are delicious. Very different from a vinegar-based pickle. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 6:03pm on 10/26/18
- French Chocolate Macaroons with Chocolate Ganache Filling - Richard in Cincy - 1:40pm on 10/26/18
- Quick Indian Chicken Curry Dinner in 30 minutes - Richard in Cincy - 1:50pm on 10/26/18
- what are you simmering the chicken in? - Pam - 4:05pm on 10/26/18
- There are pan juices from the chicken, the oil, the onion; not a lot of sauce... - Richard in Cincy - 5:47pm on 10/26/18
- Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Soup - Richard in Cincy - 1:56pm on 10/26/18
- Garlic Pickled Eggs - Richard in Cincy - 2:04pm on 10/26/18
- I can't wait to try some dressed eggs using the pickled eggs, that should... - Richard in Cincy - 1:10am on 10/27/18
- Richard, was this the book you were impressed, it is their newest, I believe [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 4:51pm on 10/26/18
- Yes, that is the cookbook that I linked to above in Post 5. It is there first and only... - Richard in Cincy - 5:45pm on 10/26/18
- Holy MOLY Richard! These all look great. . . - mistral - 6:42pm on 10/26/18
- I'm exhausted. I have to take a nap now. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:07am on 10/27/18
- Delicious. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 12:49am on 10/28/18