Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Quick Indian Chicken Curry Dinner in 30 minutes
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30570 at 1:50 pm on Oct 26, 2018
This is more method than recipe, but I whipped this up after work start to finish in 30 minutes and I'm still moaning on the leftovers.
Quick Curried Chicken:
Cut up 2 large boneless-skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks.
Saute in a little oil until starting to brown. Add 1 cup chopped onion, 4 cloves smashed and minced garli, leaves from 2 bracts of curry leaf, 1 tbls of Penzey's Maharajah Curry Powder. Toss to evenly coat, turn heat to low, cover, and leave to simmer.
Wash 1 cup of basmati rice. Add 2 cups water, 1 crushed green cardamon pod, 4 crushed and minced cloves of garlic, 1 tsp Penzey's chicken stock concentrate, 4 whole cloves, 1 tablespoon turmeric, 1 tsp. fenugreek seeds. Stir, bring to a simmer, cover and steam until done.
Steam fresh broccoli. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, and 1 tsp. red chile flakes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30570. Early Fall Cooking Binge - Richard in Cincy - 12:51pm on 10/26/18 (25)
- BIG EZ PANINI [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 12:54pm on 10/26/18
- OMG! I have everything on hand to make this tomorrow! - colleenmomof2 - 3:33pm on 10/26/18
- !Fiesta! Salad with Zesty French Dressing [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 12:56pm on 10/26/18
- Thank you, - LisainLA - 12:48am on 10/30/18
- White Chocolate Apricot Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 12:58pm on 10/26/18
- Boy, oboy, that's a killer dessert [NT] - oli - 2:21pm on 10/26/18
- Moroccan Chicken Soup [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:04pm on 10/26/18
- Pickled Vegetables [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:09pm on 10/26/18
- The complete cookbook: "High Made Food" from the HIgh Cafe of Comfort, Texas [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:11pm on 10/26/18
- I just opened a new jar of these up for lunch and... - Richard in Cincy - 6:43pm on 10/26/18
- NYC Deli style salt-brined Garlic Pickled Green Tomatoes - Richard in Cincy - 1:24pm on 10/26/18
- My childhood friend's mother made (unsweet) pickled green tomatoes - Melissa Dallas - 3:45pm on 10/26/18
- These are delicious. Very different from a vinegar-based pickle. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 6:03pm on 10/26/18
- French Chocolate Macaroons with Chocolate Ganache Filling - Richard in Cincy - 1:40pm on 10/26/18
- Quick Indian Chicken Curry Dinner in 30 minutes - Richard in Cincy - 1:50pm on 10/26/18
- what are you simmering the chicken in? - Pam - 4:05pm on 10/26/18
- There are pan juices from the chicken, the oil, the onion; not a lot of sauce... - Richard in Cincy - 5:47pm on 10/26/18
- Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Soup - Richard in Cincy - 1:56pm on 10/26/18
- Garlic Pickled Eggs - Richard in Cincy - 2:04pm on 10/26/18
- I can't wait to try some dressed eggs using the pickled eggs, that should... - Richard in Cincy - 1:10am on 10/27/18
- Richard, was this the book you were impressed, it is their newest, I believe [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 4:51pm on 10/26/18
- Yes, that is the cookbook that I linked to above in Post 5. It is there first and only... - Richard in Cincy - 5:45pm on 10/26/18
- Holy MOLY Richard! These all look great. . . - mistral - 6:42pm on 10/26/18
- I'm exhausted. I have to take a nap now. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:07am on 10/27/18
- Delicious. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 12:49am on 10/28/18