Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Yes, we've made many and tried many different recipes.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30571 at 1:05 am on Oct 27, 2018
Our preferred version is from "Wiener Süßspeisen" (Viennese Desserts) by Karl Schuhmacher. It's the veritable catalog of the sweets of the Imperial Sugar Kitchens of the Hofburg Palace.
Can you read German? If so, you can get a free .pdf download of the book at the link. If not I can pull the book and translate it as I type it in.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30571. Has anyone made a Esterhazy torte? Basically looking for a T&T. - oli - 10:57pm on 10/26/18 (7)
- Yes, we've made many and tried many different recipes. [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:05am on 10/27/18
- Thanks, would appreciate a translated version. [NT] - oli - 1:17am on 10/27/18
- Amazon Deutschland is still selling the version I own... [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:17am on 10/27/18
- I just looking for the Esterhazy recipe as I have enough books. [NT] - oli - 2:27am on 10/27/18
- Esterházytorte from "Wiener Süßspeisen" - Richard in Cincy - 7:35pm on 10/27/18
- Thanks Richard [NT] - oli - 12:48am on 10/28/18
- Looking at the fondant recipe I would think a bit of lemon juice would be nice especially - oli - 12:56am on 10/28/18