Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Tip for rolling out cookie dough (link to video) why have I been doing this the hard way?...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30574 at 5:46 am on Oct 29, 2018
OK, it’s likely that I didn’t want to waste all that parchment paper. That is if I actually had thought of this. And somehow I think I’ve heard of this before, but my brain failed to retain it. It’s such a lightbulb, Duh!, idea.
Don’t roll your cookie dough out on a floured surface, roll it out on parchment paper or wax paper. Don’t wait to chill it. Use a top sheet of parchment or wax paper as well, so to make zero mess. Use Dowels if you want to get an exact thickness.
Once you have your cookie dough ball rolled out between the two pieces of paper slide it onto the back of a rimmed baking sheet. Stack up as many rolled out pieces that you need. Then pop it all in to the refrigerator to chill. Now you won’t have any mess while rolling out dealing with flour. You won’t get excess flour into your cookie dough either. Plus, you’ll have much more of an assembly line when you come to pull out sheet by sheet of rolled out dough to cut out.
Christmas cookies are right around the corner!
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 30574. Tip for rolling out cookie dough (link to video) why have I been doing this the hard way?... [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:46am on 10/29/18 (11)
- Or you can use saran type wrap. [NT] - Charley - 11:37am on 10/29/18
- I do something similar but no parchment/saran/wax paper - deb-in-MI - 1:05pm on 10/29/18
- Removing the extra dough is what works best--cookies or biscuits! ;o) [NT] - Charley - 9:28pm on 10/29/18
- I do that but never thought of stacking. Rolling between parch is great for gingerbread patterns - MarilynFL - 1:24pm on 10/29/18
- My mother used to always roll out piecrust between wax paper. . . - mistral - 7:23pm on 10/29/18
- mistral--my mother would ONLY roll out her lard pie crusts on a floured surface! She could feel w/ - wigs - 3:48pm on 11/01/18
- Wigs, as an adult, I tried to roll crusts out between waxed paper. . . - mistral - 5:46pm on 11/02/18
- mistral, I could never make good pie crust until I saw a chef make one using a Cuisinart! My mother - wigs - 7:03pm on 11/07/18
- I love making pie crust in the food processor - no fail! [NT] - LisainLA - 1:02am on 11/09/18
- That's how we do it...you pretty much have to if you're going to do any intricate [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 7:48pm on 10/29/18
- OH my, being a non-baker, except for cookies, quick breads and lemon bars - KarenNoCA - 2:15pm on 10/30/18