Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My mother used to always roll out piecrust between wax paper. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30574 at 7:23 pm on Oct 29, 2018
I never saw anyone roll it out on a floured surface until I was in my 20s!
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30574. Tip for rolling out cookie dough (link to video) why have I been doing this the hard way?... [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:46am on 10/29/18 (12)
- Or you can use saran type wrap. [NT] - Charley - 11:37am on 10/29/18
- I do something similar but no parchment/saran/wax paper - deb-in-MI - 1:05pm on 10/29/18
- Removing the extra dough is what works best--cookies or biscuits! ;o) [NT] - Charley - 9:28pm on 10/29/18
- I do that but never thought of stacking. Rolling between parch is great for gingerbread patterns - MarilynFL - 1:24pm on 10/29/18
- My mother used to always roll out piecrust between wax paper. . . - mistral - 7:23pm on 10/29/18
- mistral--my mother would ONLY roll out her lard pie crusts on a floured surface! She could feel w/ - wigs - 3:48pm on 11/01/18
- Wigs, as an adult, I tried to roll crusts out between waxed paper. . . - mistral - 5:46pm on 11/02/18
- mistral, I could never make good pie crust until I saw a chef make one using a Cuisinart! My mother - wigs - 7:03pm on 11/07/18
- I love making pie crust in the food processor - no fail! [NT] - LisainLA - 1:02am on 11/09/18
- Yes! [NT] - AngAk1 - 12:34am on 12/31/18
- That's how we do it...you pretty much have to if you're going to do any intricate [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 7:48pm on 10/29/18
- OH my, being a non-baker, except for cookies, quick breads and lemon bars - KarenNoCA - 2:15pm on 10/30/18