Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
That's how we do it...you pretty much have to if you're going to do any intricate
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30574 at 7:48 pm on Oct 29, 2018
cutting work (snowflakes with cutouts is one we do).
However, the dowel rods? Oy. They are very clumsy and awkward to use.
Buy bands for your rolling pin. They come in graduated sizes and you automatically roll the dough to that thickness. It's impossible to overroll the dough too thin.
Re: chilling. I didn't see this mentioned, but again, if you're doing detailed cuts and/or want to preserve very exact edges, the dough goes back in the fridge or freezer after cutting before it goes into the oven. We pretty much freeze the cutouts before they go into the oven and the original shape is preserved exactly after baking.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30574. Tip for rolling out cookie dough (link to video) why have I been doing this the hard way?... [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:46am on 10/29/18 (12)
- Or you can use saran type wrap. [NT] - Charley - 11:37am on 10/29/18
- I do something similar but no parchment/saran/wax paper - deb-in-MI - 1:05pm on 10/29/18
- Removing the extra dough is what works best--cookies or biscuits! ;o) [NT] - Charley - 9:28pm on 10/29/18
- I do that but never thought of stacking. Rolling between parch is great for gingerbread patterns - MarilynFL - 1:24pm on 10/29/18
- My mother used to always roll out piecrust between wax paper. . . - mistral - 7:23pm on 10/29/18
- mistral--my mother would ONLY roll out her lard pie crusts on a floured surface! She could feel w/ - wigs - 3:48pm on 11/01/18
- Wigs, as an adult, I tried to roll crusts out between waxed paper. . . - mistral - 5:46pm on 11/02/18
- mistral, I could never make good pie crust until I saw a chef make one using a Cuisinart! My mother - wigs - 7:03pm on 11/07/18
- I love making pie crust in the food processor - no fail! [NT] - LisainLA - 1:02am on 11/09/18
- Yes! [NT] - AngAk1 - 12:34am on 12/31/18
- That's how we do it...you pretty much have to if you're going to do any intricate [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 7:48pm on 10/29/18
- OH my, being a non-baker, except for cookies, quick breads and lemon bars - KarenNoCA - 2:15pm on 10/30/18