Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
By the time I cut most of that out, it leaves me with less pounds than I actually want
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #30576 at 2:47 pm on Nov 4, 2018
I think I will talk to the meat cutters about it and see if I can get a leaner chuck if I call ahead and order one. I would like to roll and tie it, as well, and I do know the fat add flavor, but this fat is so tough, and seems to crumble as I am cutting into it. Very difficult to remove.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 30576. Did anyone see The Kitchen today, Geoffrey Zakarian made a pot roast with chuck - KarenNoCA - 7:06pm on 11/03/18 (9)
- Some chuck is real fat and some leaner, but if it has a LOT of fat as you describe I think the - Charley - 7:30pm on 11/03/18
- I hope this link works, it is exactly what our chuck roasts look like and that [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 2:44pm on 11/04/18
- By the time I cut most of that out, it leaves me with less pounds than I actually want - KarenNoCA - 2:47pm on 11/04/18
- I might cut off the fatty ends, but it is the rest that makes for a really nice pot roast, IMO. - Charley - 11:40am on 11/05/18
- Found this interesting comparison (happens to be Instant Pot) [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 4:11pm on 11/04/18
- I’ve noticed there are two kinds sold here, one labeled chuck and one labeled shoulder. The latter - Curious1 - 6:00pm on 11/06/18
- Shoulder would be a lot leaner, as would sirloin tip, for example. And rump. BUT i find - Charley - 1:15pm on 11/08/18
- OUr sale flyer this week advertises "shoulder chuck"!! Take your choice. LOL [NT] - Charley - 4:59pm on 11/09/18