Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Melissa Dallas Kolache Dough
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30578 at 11:40 am on Nov 7, 2018
Posted to Thread #9436 at 2:50 pm on Jan 16, 2008
1 pkg yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 3/4 to 4 1/4 cups flour
Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup water.
Warm milk, butter & sugar together until butter melts. Cool to lukewarm.
Add to 3 3/4 cup flour and salt. Add eggs. Beat in. Add just enough additional flour to form soft dough. Put in greased bowl and cover. Let rise 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Punch & divide in two.
Rest 10 minutes
(see link for Melissa's Apricot-filled version. I used half the recipe in my 1 LB bread machine.)
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30578. Thank you to Melissa and CathyZ for nearly making my friend's food memory come true [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:38am on 11/07/18 (5)
- Melissa Dallas Kolache Dough [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:40am on 11/07/18
- CathyZ from Kauai Potica Filling [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:41am on 11/07/18
- Cooking it gives a little different end result, Marilyn but I'm glad you tried it - CathyZKauai - 3:00pm on 11/07/18
- Marilyn, if I remember correctly, the nut horns recipes I've seen here bake immediately - Melissa Dallas - 1:38pm on 11/07/18
- Good to know...thanks again to Cathy and Melissa for added info. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:11pm on 11/10/18