Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
CathyZ from Kauai Potica Filling
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30578 at 11:41 am on Nov 7, 2018
1 cup milk
1/2 cup each honey, white sugar and packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
6 cups ground walnuts (about 1-1/2 lbs)
1 tsp each cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg
Heat milk, honey, sugars and butter to boiling- do not worry if mixture appears curdled. Stir in walnuts, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Cook 10 minutes and cool to lukewarm. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
(see link for her entire potica (nut roll) recipe. I reduced recipe to 1.5 Cups of walnuts and totally forgot about cooking it. Oops.)
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30578. Thank you to Melissa and CathyZ for nearly making my friend's food memory come true [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:38am on 11/07/18 (5)
- Melissa Dallas Kolache Dough [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:40am on 11/07/18
- CathyZ from Kauai Potica Filling [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:41am on 11/07/18
- Cooking it gives a little different end result, Marilyn but I'm glad you tried it - CathyZKauai - 3:00pm on 11/07/18
- Marilyn, if I remember correctly, the nut horns recipes I've seen here bake immediately - Melissa Dallas - 1:38pm on 11/07/18
- Good to know...thanks again to Cathy and Melissa for added info. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:11pm on 11/10/18