Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Okay. I know I need to do something overnight, but was concerned thawing in the fridge wouldn't be
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30581 at 7:20 pm on Nov 8, 2018
long enough, but that a room temperature thaw would be too abrupt a temperature change! Decisions, decisions.
I am serving a crowd of 216 tomorrow afternoon at 2 pm so that's why nine of these guys. I know my baked pastry leaves will thaw in a jiffy--I cranked out 235 of those puppies last night.
If anyone is interested, this William and Sonoma pie crust cutter set is the cat's meow! I used the gold leaf and the red leaf, and all came out beautifully with excellent "vein" detail. I got it for a gift several months ago, but this was the first time I used any of them. I have always relied on my small metal cookie cutters in leaf shapes, but typically don't have time to "draw" or cut in any veins. This set would make a good stocking stuffer for your favorite baker....YOU!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30581. Has anyone frozen Slab Pumpkin Pie before? Notes in the linked recipe say it freezes well, and in [LINK] - wigs - 11:38am on 11/08/18 (9)
- Nine! Oh My! - deb-in-MI - 12:16pm on 11/08/18
- Okay. I know I need to do something overnight, but was concerned thawing in the fridge wouldn't be [LINK] - wigs - 7:20pm on 11/08/18
- deb,just found an answer @ "thekitchn.com". In a nutshell--thaw for 12 hours in the refrigerator ==> - wigs - 7:28pm on 11/08/18
- YAY YOU!! - deb-in-MI - 7:50pm on 11/08/18
- I had a catering partner from 1989-1997, but then health problems forced her into an early - wigs - 4:43pm on 11/11/18
- Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it all! - deb-in-MI - 7:34pm on 11/11/18
- I'm stressing because I can't get my family organized enough to let me know who is - KarenNoCA - 3:19pm on 11/12/18
- Damn girl...I'm impressed! [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:09pm on 11/09/18
- I think U cook and give away more than what I sell, M! And yr gingerbread houses are works of art! [NT] - wigs - 4:45pm on 11/11/18