Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
Since the leavener is egg whites, it will always deflate a bit as it cools, even
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30575 at 1:26 am on Nov 9, 2018
if it cools more slowly in the oven.
Thank you for reporting back on your results. I have tried this from several Japanese bakeries, nice to see the method!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30575. Has anyone made Japanese cotton cheesecake? See video in ink [LINK] - Tess - 4:04pm on 10/31/18 (7)
- Me too! Post results if you make it, please! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:52pm on 11/03/18
- Thanks for sharing, that is an interesting technique with melting the cream cheese - LisainLA - 3:46pm on 11/04/18
- That's a lot of flour and corn starch...it almost makes this a cake, right? [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:20pm on 11/07/18
- Results: Taste right on, texture good, height needs work - Tess - 6:48pm on 11/07/18
- Since the leavener is egg whites, it will always deflate a bit as it cools, even - LisainLA - 1:26am on 11/09/18
- Is it possible to overbeat the whites so that they don't rise as much? Speaking from absolutely no - MarilynFL - 11:59am on 11/10/18
- That is outside of my knowledge base, but an intriguing idea! [NT] - LisainLA - 3:39pm on 11/10/18