Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Layering with crackers is an old-style technique
Joined: Jan 1, 1970
Posted to Thread #30580 at 4:22 pm on Nov 9, 2018
Years ago refrigerated layered desserts were de rigueur. And what's old is new again once more. I've used club crackers, ritz crackers and saltines in the past building layers and the ritz crackers always won because of the extra flavor they have. This recipe looks pretty darn good to me. Go for it, Deb!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30580. Rec: Anyone have experience with a refrigerate pie made with ritz crackers (Layered) [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 6:15pm on 11/07/18 (7)
- He's pretty reliable and if he says it is like key lime, I'd trust it. I've had other desserts - Charley - 11:40am on 11/08/18
- Layering with crackers is an old-style technique - CathyZKauai - 4:22pm on 11/09/18
- Thanks Charley & Cathy Z! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:48pm on 11/09/18
- ANyone remember the old 'apple' pie made with Ritz rather than apples? I never made it but [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 8:15pm on 11/09/18
- I remember it, but never made it. Couldn't get around the oddness of salty-sounding crust. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:09pm on 11/10/18
- I was served it once many years ago and was shocked to hear the “apples” were crackers. - Curious1 - 10:27pm on 11/10/18
- I tasted it this morning, and although way to sweet for me - I think the guests will love it - deb-in-MI - 7:35pm on 11/11/18