Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
How coincidental that U posted this because I'd thought earlier this wk I needed to thank Joe & his
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30588 at 9:55 pm on Nov 16, 2018
friend, Gary, AGAIN for the great wet turkey brine and roast turkey recipes that Joe posted in 2008. Our families have gone ga-ga over my turkey whenever I've made and served it to both sides following those 2 recipes, and AAMOF, a niece and my sister are planning to use the very same recipes for brining and roasting their turkeys this year.
Also, the second time I used Gary's brine recipe I added the beef broth/juices I had left over from a brisket I'd made, and that made my turkey even better, IMHO. So now I always add some beef broth to Gary's brine mixture.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30588. Wet brining turkey is out with the chefs now. - Charley - 12:27pm on 11/15/18 (5)
- How coincidental that U posted this because I'd thought earlier this wk I needed to thank Joe & his [LINK] - wigs - 9:55pm on 11/16/18
- "The gravy is sooooo good that my cousin actually stole the leftover gravy, put it in her purse [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 11:42am on 11/17/18
- your guests stealing from you is one of the highest forms of praise ;) [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:08pm on 11/17/18
- I made Gary's brine & that turkey recipe 3 years ago when DH's sibs & spouses came to our house for - wigs - 3:10pm on 11/17/18
- Oops, not my cousin but one of the Epi reviewers - colleenmomof2 - 3:20pm on 11/17/18