Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Great turkey gravy!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30593 at 11:07 pm on Nov 16, 2018
* Exported from MasterCook *
Sherry-Apple Cider Gravy For Turkey
Recipe By :Gourmet Magazine/Marian Chatfield
Serving Size : 3+ cups
Categories : Sauces
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Cup Dry Sherry
1 Cup Apple Cider
1/4 Cup Drippings From Turkey Roaster
6 Tablespoons Flour
2 Cups Turkey Broth -- or more
After removing turkey from the roasting pan, drain the juices into a separator. Add any of the non-fat part to the broth. Place 1/4 cup of the fat into a small bowl. Mix in the flour to make a smooth paste. Set aside
Place the roaster over low heat, and add the sherry to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any bits from the pan. Add the cider and heat to a simmer. Slowly add the flour paste, whisking to break up lumps Cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly.. Add the broth and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and the flour taste has cooked out. Add more broth to thin to desired consistency. Taste and correct seasoning. Serve hot with roasted turkey.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 561 Calories; 1g Fat (2.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 32mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Fruit.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30593. Great turkey gravy! - judy-mass - 11:07pm on 11/16/18 (2)
- I have never made turkey with apple cider in it before. This might be the year! Thanks for the REC [NT] - wigs - 3:01pm on 11/17/18
- Meant to type: I have never made turkey GRAVY w/ apple cider in it before....... [NT] - wigs - 4:56pm on 11/18/18