Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
How early can I make pie dough Without freezing?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30595 at 7:36 am on Nov 17, 2018
I’m going to make Thanksgiving pies on Wednesday. Can I go ahead and make the pie dough now or should I wait till like say Monday?
Hopefully, I can keep them non-smoke flavored in the refrigerator.
(Have us bay area folks mentioned how much smoke there is in the air from the fires here? I’ve lived here my whole life and I have never seen this much smoke before. Even when “our” mountains were burning. It feels like our whole state is burning down.)
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 30595. How early can I make pie dough Without freezing? - MariaDNoCA - 7:36am on 11/17/18 (5)
- Maria, the only dough that changed in the refrigerator (versus freezer) had - MarilynFL - 12:55pm on 11/17/18
- So helpful Marilyn - thanks! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 1:22pm on 11/17/18
- The one time I had some stored pie dough take on a grey-ish hue is when I'd used UN-bleached flour - wigs - 2:59pm on 11/17/18
- I have made and stored pie dough in the fridge for 2 days B4 rolling out and using, but BH&G says U - wigs - 2:42pm on 11/17/18
- Thanks all, ok Monday or Tuesday it is! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:28pm on 11/17/18