Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I originally posted this breakfast dish @the Old Gail's--Wine & 3-Cheese Omelet frm Tri Kappa Cookbk
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30598 at 4:47 pm on Nov 18, 2018
Wine and 3-Cheese Omelet from Tri Kappa Cookbook of Bloomington, Indiana
1 large loaf day-old French bread, broken into small pieces (about a 1-pound loaf)
6 Tbsp butter, melted
3/4 pound shredded domestic Swiss cheese (I like using baby Swiss.)
1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 to 1.5 pounds hot sausage, browned and crumbled* (I use Jimmy Dean Hot Pork Sausage.)
3-1/4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 whole green onions, minced
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1-1/2 cups sour cream
2/3 to 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Lightly butter two 9x13" baking dishes and/or spray with PAM. (I do both--first butter & then spray with PAM.) Spread bread over bottom of dishes and drizzle with the 6 Tbsp melted butter. Spread cheeses, sausage, and chopped green onions evenly on top.
Beat eggs, milk, wine, mustard, black & cayenne peppers together until foamy. Divide and pour over bread & cheese & onion mixtures in pans.
Refrigerate overnight. Set out 30 minutes to 1 hour before baking in order to come to room temperature. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees F covered with foil. Remove and dollop with sour cream. (I try to spread the sour cream around as much as I can.) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake another 15 minutes, uncovered, until brown.
Each 9 by 13" dish serves 10 to 12.
*Instead of sausage you may substitute ham slices or salami. Lisa In Birmingham (from the Old Gail's site) wrote me that she used Black Forest Ham with great success.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30598. Lost my mind: Why do I have 9 oz grated cheese, 1 lb cooked pork sausage, and... - Anna_X - 9:19pm on 11/17/18 (4)
- Sure. Just add eggs and milk and you have a breakfast casserole. [NT] - Charley - 10:01pm on 11/17/18
- Field of dreams? *Prep it and they will come...to make you breakfast.* [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:24am on 11/18/18
- I originally posted this breakfast dish @the Old Gail's--Wine & 3-Cheese Omelet frm Tri Kappa Cookbk [LINK] - wigs - 4:47pm on 11/18/18
- Wigs, this reads delish! Mine went southwest with Hatch chiles and - Anna_X - 4:44am on 11/20/18