Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
No Thanksgiving this year.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30599 at 8:43 pm on Nov 18, 2018
The thing of it is, next time I "wing" it, the dish will be completely different. It's how I roll. My cooking is dependent upon my mood and my needs. Comfort food: channeling my grandmother. I can recreate every one of her dishes nearly exact. But if I'm on a whim, I'll take her dish and transport it somewhere else and have fun. I can go to the kitchen, head toward Mexico, and end up in Thailand before I'm finished. It's just how I cook.
The assorted branches of family are with their other families this year, the planets, moon, and stars all lined up and Jupiter aligned with Mars.
I have made reservations to dine in style at the Netherland Plaza in the Hall of Mirrors for the traditional Thanksgiving buffet.
Jackie dined here with JFK so I'm in good company.
No cooking, no leftovers, no cleanup.
I'm a lucky boy.
The family hoarde descends for Christmas this year and it will be over the top. I'm serving old Kentucky traditional menu with Kentucky Ham, smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, Russian potatoes, pan gravy, scalloped oysters, corn pudding, baked onions, tangerine and honey glazed carrots, Kentucky 7-layer salad, cranberry relish, pole beans and ham with onions, Austrian dinner rolls, green tomato and watermelon rind pickles, blackberry jam cake with caramel icing, transparent pies, German's Chocolate cake, overflowing punch bowls, platters of German Christmas cookies, house egg nog, cherry bourbon, cognac, & chocolates.
Photo: The Netherland Plaza Hall of Mirrors where I shall dine on Thanksgiving Day.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30599. Update from the 'Nati... - Richard in Cincy - 6:37am on 11/18/18 (11)
- Holy cow. Just reading it is exhausting. Where DO you get the energy? - CathyZKauai - 2:29pm on 11/18/18
- It helps that I work from my home office... - Richard in Cincy - 9:10pm on 11/18/18
- Wow, Richard--a Thanksgiving feast will be NOTHING for you to whip up! It all sounds delicious, - wigs - 4:40pm on 11/18/18
- No Thanksgiving this year. [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 8:43pm on 11/18/18
- The menu... [IMAGE] - Richard in Cincy - 8:45pm on 11/18/18
- Smiling at your menu - our Carrabba's Friendsgiving 5-Course dinner planned [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 1:30pm on 11/19/18
- OMGoodness, does that menu sound divine-- ESPECIALLY the Pumpkin Bread Pudding. My mouth is watering [NT] - wigs - 6:43pm on 12/20/18
- Postponed - will be doing our family thanksgiving dinner in early December - colleenmomof2 - 1:35pm on 11/19/18
- You are a wizard! And your stamina ;) - colleenmomof2 - 1:39pm on 11/19/18
- Richard, I felt tired just reading this! Amazing. :) [NT] - Lana in FL - 8:57pm on 11/19/18
- Me too. Let's have a cookie and milk and take a nap, Lana. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:46pm on 11/21/18