Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can somebody read the recipe at the link and tell me how many piecrusts it makes?…
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30604 at 6:04 am on Nov 19, 2018
Because if I’m I’m reading this right, and I don’t care about making the letters/words, it makes six Pie crusts. I don’t need six Pie crusts of a recipe I’ve never tried before. However, I’m confused as to why she says this recipe makes one pie with the comment that makes it sound like it will make maybe one other pie for a savory left over?
This is thanksgiving, I don’t have time to mess with this (so why am I making an untried pie you say? Because I have yet to find the perfect pumpkin pie recipe.)
How much would you cut it back or would you just make the whole recipe and worry about it later?
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 30604. Can somebody read the recipe at the link and tell me how many piecrusts it makes?… [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 6:04am on 11/19/18 (7)
- Hi Maria, I read through it and she does say cut 1/6 of the dough and roll to make - LisainLA - 6:26am on 11/19/18
- That’s what it seems like to me too! I wonder why she has you make so much pie dough... - MariaDNoCA - 7:32am on 11/19/18
- I'd see this as one effort to make dough for 3 double-crust pies, since dough freezes well. - MarilynFL - 5:16pm on 11/19/18
- Hummm, don’t know if I’d use this crust for that as it’s a puff pastry... - MariaDNoCA - 5:27am on 11/20/18
- ah...totally missed the puff reference. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:34pm on 11/20/18
- The filling sounds amazing!! I'd cut the pastry recipe in half...that's easy...and freeze the rest [NT] - cheezz - 7:52am on 11/21/18
- Review: don’t make this pie. - MariaDNoCA - 1:12am on 11/25/18