Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
here it is: Farro Stuffing with Roasted Mushrooms & Cauliflower
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30600 at 7:50 pm on Nov 19, 2018
Farro Stuffing with Roasted Mushrooms & Cauliflower
7 tbsp. butter
1 large leek (12 oz.), white and pale-green parts only, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
1 1/2 cups pearled or semi-pearled farro (about 8 oz.)
2 3/4 cups chicken stock
1 3/4 cups fresh apple cider
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (each 3 inches long)
2 lb. mixed mushrooms (such as trumpet; hen of the woods, sometimes labeled maitake; baby bella; or stemmed shiitake), sliced 1/2 inch thick
2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets (from 1 large head, about 1 lb.)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh oregano
1. Arrange the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 450°. In a large pot, melt 3 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add the leek. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add the farro. Stir until coated. Add the stock, cider, and rosemary. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the farro is tender, about 25 minutes. Discard the rosemary sprigs. Drain any excess liquid from the farro.
2. Meanwhile, on a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the mushrooms, thyme, and 1/4 cup oil; season. On a second large baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with the remaining 2 tbsp. oil; season. Transfer both baking sheets to the oven. Roast for 10 minutes. Add 2 tbsp. butter to the cauliflower, and the remaining 2 tbsp. butter to the mushrooms. Toss until coated. Rotate the baking sheets and swap them from the top to bottom racks. Roast the mushrooms and cauliflower until tender and golden in spots, about 5 minutes.
3. Fluff the farro with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the parsley and the roasted mushrooms and cauliflower, scraping any buttery juices from the baking sheets into the bowl. Toss until coated. Top with the oregano.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30600. REC: Farro Stuffing with Roasted Mushrooms and Cauliflower (I made this as a side dish) [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 5:29pm on 11/18/18 (4)
- That looks delicious. Need to try. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 10:32pm on 11/18/18
- I love farro and it is hard to find. This combo sounds nutty and delicious. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:37am on 11/19/18
- Does anyone have this recipe on their computer, and if do could you post it? This site is down (nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:44pm on 11/19/18
- here it is: Farro Stuffing with Roasted Mushrooms & Cauliflower - pmassell_93 - 7:50pm on 11/19/18