Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hummm, don’t know if I’d use this crust for that as it’s a puff pastry...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30604 at 5:27 am on Nov 20, 2018
I use the Dori Greenspan all American pie crust that’s in tried and true pretty much as my standard go to piecrust. It’s so flaky and delicious! I’ll be making it for my double crust apple pie.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 30604. Can somebody read the recipe at the link and tell me how many piecrusts it makes?… [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 6:04am on 11/19/18 (7)
- Hi Maria, I read through it and she does say cut 1/6 of the dough and roll to make - LisainLA - 6:26am on 11/19/18
- That’s what it seems like to me too! I wonder why she has you make so much pie dough... - MariaDNoCA - 7:32am on 11/19/18
- I'd see this as one effort to make dough for 3 double-crust pies, since dough freezes well. - MarilynFL - 5:16pm on 11/19/18
- Hummm, don’t know if I’d use this crust for that as it’s a puff pastry... - MariaDNoCA - 5:27am on 11/20/18
- ah...totally missed the puff reference. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:34pm on 11/20/18
- The filling sounds amazing!! I'd cut the pastry recipe in half...that's easy...and freeze the rest [NT] - cheezz - 7:52am on 11/21/18
- Review: don’t make this pie. - MariaDNoCA - 1:12am on 11/25/18