Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanksgiving Leftover Soup.
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30616 at 5:20 pm on Nov 23, 2018
This year I made a stock from the neck and giblets (minus liver). Day before. The stock I added to making my gravy along with pan drippings.
I always add a ton of vegetables to the bottom of my turkey pan which I add to gravy. Usually onions, shallot, carrot, celery and maybe some peppers and mushrooms. There is always a lot more gravy than needed but this is all part of the plan. The turkey carcass I make another stock which is the base for soup.
The leftover gravy and vegetables goes into the Turkey Leftover Soup which I promised my wife on her return.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30616. Happy Thanksgiving! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 1:00pm on 11/22/18 (18)
- Thanks especially to Paul. Have a bit of cheer on me, friend. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 1:03pm on 11/22/18
- I second that. Happy Thanksgiving to our Finer Kitchens family! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:27pm on 11/22/18
- I cube that! [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:49pm on 11/22/18
- I am Thankful. Happy Thanksgiving. [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:31pm on 11/22/18
- smallest crowd in decades - pmassell_93 - 5:43pm on 11/22/18
- 80-120! Did you hit an extra zero there, Paul? Is the aroma of turkey stock sending you into - MarilynFL - 5:48pm on 11/22/18
- big family then friends and it adds up quick - pmassell_93 - 6:29pm on 11/22/18
- Only two of us this year, but the gang will arrive on Saturday. A few years ago - KarenNoCA - 2:41pm on 11/23/18
- I had dinner at the neighbors. They had ham with collards and asparagus. Good meal but now - MarilynFL - 2:52pm on 11/23/18
- I had dinner with friends and now I'm craving a turkey and stuffing sandwich for lunch but alas, no - Janet in NC - 3:27pm on 11/23/18
- Thanksgiving Leftover Soup. - pmassell_93 - 5:20pm on 11/23/18
- Too much amazing gravy = holiday leftover casserole - colleenmomof2 - 11:59am on 11/24/18
- I just realized that the one T-Day photo text from YS was of his gravy - colleenmomof2 - 12:03pm on 11/24/18
- Ha. Some day he'll be old, see that photo and wonder what the heck? [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:34am on 11/25/18
- It's a once a year thing in our family--and we love it!! [NT] - Charley - 11:39am on 11/24/18
- We do "holiday" this way, too - colleenmomof2 - 11:40am on 11/24/18
- I miss turkey enchiladas leftovers. Went to sil’s. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:27am on 11/25/18
- That sounds good - what is your preference for sauce, red or green? - LisainLA - 11:26pm on 11/25/18