Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Janet in NC||
Thanks Marilyn, While researching this question I came upon a Cooks Illustrated article that rated
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30619 at 3:42 pm on Nov 24, 2018
McCormicks (sp?) vanilla the best so I will pick that up for the holiday cookie baking.
I was amused by your NC Thanksgiving ham dinner report. I remember when I first moved here being invited to Thanksgiving by a new friend who had grown up in the country here in NC and we were going to her parents house. There were about 25 people and two long opposing buffet tables were set up. One featured what my New England self considered Thanksgiving. Turkey, stuffing, squash, gravy, cranberries etc. The other was filled with ham, collards, mac and cheese, corn bread and more. I wondered what would happen to all this mountain of leftover food when, after dinner, we were all handed aluminum pie pans to fill up to take home. I loved it. Leftovers at last.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30619. I'm sure this is a dumb question but I'm brave. I got a notice that Penzey's has a several day sale - Janet in NC - 3:29pm on 11/23/18 (10)
- vanilla prices are crazy the last few years! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 4:40pm on 11/23/18
- I heard, a couple of months ago, that the pickers were not making enough money at the job and have - Marg CDN2 - 4:25am on 11/30/18
- I told friends I cruise to Mexico just to pick up vanilla and Kahlua and they laughed...no more!! [NT] - cheezz - 4:11am on 12/01/18
- Janet, I've used both and didn't think it was worth the extra cost. Same - MarilynFL - 5:35pm on 11/23/18
- Thanks Marilyn, While researching this question I came upon a Cooks Illustrated article that rated - Janet in NC - 3:42pm on 11/24/18
- I have heeded the results of the Cook's Illustrated Vanilla Tests - Richard in Cincy - 4:00pm on 11/25/18
- Clear fake vanilla is what MILK Bar bakery (Christina Tosi) uses. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:13pm on 11/26/18
- I've been using very costly vanilla bean paste for some baked goods - - deb-in-MI - 10:04pm on 11/26/18
- Wow, really?! [NT] - cheezz - 11:49pm on 11/28/18
- *clear imitation vanilla extract. Mastermind of the recipe Christina Tosi... - MarilynFL - 2:27am on 12/03/18