Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Substitute for Light Cream.......
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30624 at 2:54 am on Nov 26, 2018
What can be substituted for light cream?
Substitute for Light cream. For one cup light cream substitute equal amounts of half and half or 1/2 cup evaporated milk plus 1/2 cup whole milk or for cooking use 7/8 cup whole milk and 3 tablespoons of butter or margerine.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30624. see if this works for Marilyn - Janet in NC - 2:40pm on 11/25/18 (9)
- Oh, is this Gabrielle's Quiche recipe? Thank you, Janet!! I loved the hint in the - MarilynFL - 8:29pm on 11/25/18
- Yes it's the one from the NYT today it's on the front page, or it was this morning. Let me know if - Janet in NC - 8:48pm on 11/25/18
- I'll be traveling from now until Jan, but it's definitely going in the to-try pile [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:05am on 11/26/18
- Marilyn, I have been looking for a savory clafoutis and found one today have a look [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 9:52pm on 11/25/18
- Thanks Gay! What is table cream? Is that light cream or half & half? [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:12am on 11/26/18
- According to Martha S. it is Light Cream...... - GayR - 2:44am on 11/26/18
- Substitute for Light Cream....... - GayR - 2:54am on 11/26/18
- Thank You Haiku Gay. I learn something new each day. Onions are burning. - MarilynFL - 10:59pm on 11/26/18
- That recipe looks delicious and also looks just like a crustless quiche. So I went - Charley - 12:29pm on 11/26/18