Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Need help with choosing a carbon steel skillet for budding chef!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #30629 at 5:52 pm on Nov 27, 2018
My friend wants to buy her 14 yr old son a good quality everyday skillet that will serve him well for years to come. Any suggestions?
Thanks all 😊
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30629. Need help with choosing a carbon steel skillet for budding chef! - cheezz - 5:52pm on 11/27/18 (14)
- I bought all 3 children De Buyer skillets for Christmas and me too. They are really [LINK] - Charley - 12:24pm on 11/28/18
- Difference between Carbon Steel & Mineral B? - Earnie - 4:06pm on 11/28/18
- I don't think I can say. I do know I paid a bit more (not a lot) when I purchased 3 or so - Charley - 5:25pm on 11/28/18
- CI rated the Matfer Bourgeat 11 7/8” Black Carbon Steel Frying Pan best [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 8:45am on 11/29/18
- I bought two of these and hardly use them. Lighter than cast iron, but still heavy, and... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:53pm on 11/29/18
- That does help...thanks! Do you own any Lodge? That seems to be what I see most. [NT] - cheezz - 11:48pm on 11/28/18
- Lodge CAST iron is what you see a lot, and I saw the Lodge carbon steel pan that - Charley - 11:54am on 11/29/18
- In re-reading your post it says she wants and every day good quality skillet--did she - Charley - 1:28pm on 11/29/18
- Thanks all! She ended up getting a De Buyer so he can learn how to season and care for it. - cheezz - 1:28am on 11/30/18
- I have tried several times to love the black cast iron skillets...really tried - KarenNoCA - 6:07pm on 12/01/18
- there are some newer ones that are lighter than Lodge but you pay a PREMIUM [NT] - pmassell_93 - 6:13pm on 12/01/18
- I don't use mine all that often now. And mine are all very old. I NEVER have fried an - Charley - 11:45am on 12/02/18
- By contrast I LOVE my cast iron skillets. They're the ones I reach for first and use at least 3 - Pat-NoCal - 3:53pm on 12/02/18
- Ditto. Love my cast iron skillets. [NT] - CathyZKauai - 3:05am on 12/03/18