Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Lodge CAST iron is what you see a lot, and I saw the Lodge carbon steel pan that
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30629 at 11:54 am on Nov 29, 2018
says it is "pre-seasoned". I think the "pre-seasoning" on their cast iron is "bogus" and I wouldn't trust this either. Just my opinion.
I've seen my son's carbon steel pan at his house and it is nice and seasoned/blackish!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30629. Need help with choosing a carbon steel skillet for budding chef! - cheezz - 5:52pm on 11/27/18 (14)
- I bought all 3 children De Buyer skillets for Christmas and me too. They are really [LINK] - Charley - 12:24pm on 11/28/18
- Difference between Carbon Steel & Mineral B? - Earnie - 4:06pm on 11/28/18
- I don't think I can say. I do know I paid a bit more (not a lot) when I purchased 3 or so - Charley - 5:25pm on 11/28/18
- CI rated the Matfer Bourgeat 11 7/8” Black Carbon Steel Frying Pan best [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 8:45am on 11/29/18
- I bought two of these and hardly use them. Lighter than cast iron, but still heavy, and... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:53pm on 11/29/18
- That does help...thanks! Do you own any Lodge? That seems to be what I see most. [NT] - cheezz - 11:48pm on 11/28/18
- Lodge CAST iron is what you see a lot, and I saw the Lodge carbon steel pan that - Charley - 11:54am on 11/29/18
- In re-reading your post it says she wants and every day good quality skillet--did she - Charley - 1:28pm on 11/29/18
- Thanks all! She ended up getting a De Buyer so he can learn how to season and care for it. - cheezz - 1:28am on 11/30/18
- I have tried several times to love the black cast iron skillets...really tried - KarenNoCA - 6:07pm on 12/01/18
- there are some newer ones that are lighter than Lodge but you pay a PREMIUM [NT] - pmassell_93 - 6:13pm on 12/01/18
- I don't use mine all that often now. And mine are all very old. I NEVER have fried an - Charley - 11:45am on 12/02/18
- By contrast I LOVE my cast iron skillets. They're the ones I reach for first and use at least 3 - Pat-NoCal - 3:53pm on 12/02/18
- Ditto. Love my cast iron skillets. [NT] - CathyZKauai - 3:05am on 12/03/18