Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
*clear imitation vanilla extract. Mastermind of the recipe Christina Tosi...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30619 at 2:27 am on Dec 3, 2018
...claims that this no longer widely-used vanilla substitute “elevates the flavor” and better emulates the taste of a boxed funfetti cake.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30619. I'm sure this is a dumb question but I'm brave. I got a notice that Penzey's has a several day sale - Janet in NC - 3:29pm on 11/23/18 (13)
- vanilla prices are crazy the last few years! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 4:40pm on 11/23/18
- I heard, a couple of months ago, that the pickers were not making enough money at the job and have - Marg CDN2 - 4:25am on 11/30/18
- I told friends I cruise to Mexico just to pick up vanilla and Kahlua and they laughed...no more!! [NT] - cheezz - 4:11am on 12/01/18
- Olive oil too! Wonderful oil in wine country Ensenada. Who knew?! [NT] - AngAk1 - 2:36pm on 12/31/18
- Janet, I've used both and didn't think it was worth the extra cost. Same - MarilynFL - 5:35pm on 11/23/18
- Thanks Marilyn, While researching this question I came upon a Cooks Illustrated article that rated - Janet in NC - 3:42pm on 11/24/18
- I have heeded the results of the Cook's Illustrated Vanilla Tests - Richard in Cincy - 4:00pm on 11/25/18
- Clear fake vanilla is what MILK Bar bakery (Christina Tosi) uses. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:13pm on 11/26/18
- I've been using very costly vanilla bean paste for some baked goods - - deb-in-MI - 10:04pm on 11/26/18
- Wow, really?! [NT] - cheezz - 11:49pm on 11/28/18
- *clear imitation vanilla extract. Mastermind of the recipe Christina Tosi... - MarilynFL - 2:27am on 12/03/18
- Wow, my mom always used imitation vanilla, said it was better. I, of course, had to have the real - KarenNoCA - 10:11pm on 01/01/19
- Same here, Karen. The brand Cook’s Illustrated recommended is Baker's imitation vanilla flavor. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:11am on 01/02/19