Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
REC: Spinach Chicken Casserole. File under: Easy, tasty, gorgeous and keto, if ...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30639 at 8:53 pm on Dec 6, 2018
...you back off on the cream cheese just a bit.
Saw this on Eatwell101.com (see link). It looks so beautiful when it comes out of the oven and it is a simple combination of ingredients that make for a delicious meal.
I decreased the salt in the marinade by half, to 1/2 tsp. and it was salty enough.
You can decrease the cream cheese to 4 oz to 6 oz for a 4-cutlet recipe with no real difference in outcome.
Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut horizontally
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cup spinach, rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
1. Add olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes into a Ziplok bag along with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Seal the bag and shake until mixed. Add the chicken breasts, seal, and massage so the chicken is covered in the marinade, set aside for 10-15 minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C).
2. Quickly wilt the spinach in a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, set aside.
3. Arrange chicken breasts drained from the marinade in a baking dish. Spread the softened cream cheese over the chicken and lay spinach on top of the cream cheese. Finally, sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
4. Bake the chicken casserole for 20-30 minutes. Chicken is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F (75°C). Serve warm with a side of cauliflower rice, or baked veggies. Enjoy!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 30639. REC: Spinach Chicken Casserole. File under: Easy, tasty, gorgeous and keto, if ... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 8:53pm on 12/06/18 (4)
- Lovely Michael - thanks for posting! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:05pm on 12/06/18
- Michael, how is keto (new word for me) different from low carb? [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:11pm on 12/08/18
- I swear to Julia this thought just bubbled out of my head: OH! KETOSIS! - MarilynFL - 9:00pm on 12/08/18
- It is a permutation of the Atkins philosophy. "Keto" does refer to a state of ketosis... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:40pm on 12/09/18