Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I find it a tricky process too and still have mixed results. I think I tend to over whip ...
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30645 at 4:53 am on Dec 11, 2018
the cream before adding in the gelatin. Typically the instructions I've seen say to whip the cream to soft peaks before incorporating in the gelatin. I think that it may work better if I stopped whipping the cream just before the soft peaks formed. At least that's my current theory...
Here's a link to some good tips from Luisa_Calif. Good luck and let us know if you achieve success!
Link: Stabilizing Whipped Cream
Other messages in this thread:
- 30645. Problem using gelatin and whipped cream - oli - 10:54pm on 12/10/18 (4)
- I find it a tricky process too and still have mixed results. I think I tend to over whip ... [LINK] - RuthAB - 4:53am on 12/11/18
- Gelatin has to be more than melted--it has to be dissolved in the liquid. If you swirl - Charley - 11:40am on 12/11/18
- Thanks, will go with the powdered sugar. Hate having to go back to the market - oli - 3:32pm on 12/11/18
- This is similar to a bourbon bavarian cream I make. But the gelatin that has bloomed in bourbon - Marg CDN2 - 6:04am on 12/29/18