Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Years ago I visited Lititz, PA for Wilbur chocolate & the Pretzel factory. They said that baking
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30683 at 12:20 am on Dec 31, 2018
soda which was added to the boiling water helped turned the pretzel dough brown when baked.
As part of the pretzel tour, we were trained in shaping a pretzel (it's a double-handed twist and flip movement) and at the end, we received a certificate and a paper HAT!
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30683. Belated Christmas Feast Recap - Richard in Cincy - 6:31pm on 12/29/18 (19)
- Mrs. Creason's Kentucky Cherry Jam, Date, and Pecan Cake with Caramel Icing - Richard in Cincy - 6:44pm on 12/29/18
- Scalloped Oysters - Richard in Cincy - 6:56pm on 12/29/18
- do you use lye when you make your pretzels? - pmassell_93 - 7:47pm on 12/29/18
- How interesting you ask. I can share some info as I just made pretzels last week [LINK] - CathyZKauai - 8:48pm on 12/29/18
- And Richard, your menu is INSANE! Wow. [NT] - CathyZKauai - 8:54pm on 12/29/18
- No, I don't use lye - Richard in Cincy - 10:44pm on 12/29/18
- Years ago I visited Lititz, PA for Wilbur chocolate & the Pretzel factory. They said that baking - MarilynFL - 12:20am on 12/31/18
- Holy Moly! Sounds fantastic! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:04pm on 12/30/18
- Holy Moly is right! I am exhausted just reading the menu and imagining the effort you put ... - RuthAB - 7:54pm on 12/30/18
- How many ovens do you own??? - Pam - 9:42pm on 12/30/18
- 2 Wall ovens - Richard in Cincy - 2:48pm on 12/31/18
- Bavarian Mustard Pickles (Senfgurken) - Richard in Cincy - 3:02pm on 12/31/18
- Richard, do you remove the bay leaves before pouring the brine over the pickles? Thank you. [NT] - JudyW - 4:33pm on 12/31/18
- What I do... - Richard in Cincy - 6:19pm on 12/31/18
- I love these so much! Have never made them though. [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:17pm on 12/31/18
- Wow! Double WOW! You are the equivalent of 20 chefs, Richard. Super menu. [NT] - wigs - 11:49am on 12/31/18
- I suspect Orphan Richard clones. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:45pm on 12/31/18
- This is what my Grandmother's Christmas Eve table was like - Richard in Cincy - 3:18pm on 12/31/18
- Worthy of a Fine Cooking Holiday Edition article. Yowza. You da man. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:30pm on 01/03/19