Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Marilyn, you've got me thinking about the green chile potato pancakes I make for breakfast after...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30684 at 4:48 pm on Jan 1, 2019
...a big feast with leftover mashed potatoes.
I don't really have a recipe, but eyeball the ingredient proportions.
I mix the mashed potatoes (usually CI's Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes -my go-to basic recipe) with chopped green chiles (505 brand Hatch Green Chile), beaten eggs, lots of Monterrey jack cheese (shredded) and a little AP flour, along with salt and pepper to taste.
I stir the mixture just until it will hold its shape when poured out into a skillet with hot melted butter, just as a batch of pancakes would behave.
Family goes nuts.
Your post makes me wonder if I could do basically the same ingredients, but make the dough somewhat stiff. I could then form patties, dip in egg wash (maybe, maybe not?) and coat with panko before frying to a lovely golden brown.
Hmmmm. Sounds really good to me.
Thanks for the idea, my Dear.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 30684. Angie, I just saw your comment about pate a choux pancakes. It's going to roll over so [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:54pm on 12/31/18 (4)
- Thanks! Just seems to make a gluey center. I’m thinking. [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:14pm on 12/31/18
- Not gluey at all. Slightly puffy, but cheesy good. Like perogie filling. But crispy on - MarilynFL - 2:45pm on 01/01/19
- Marilyn, you've got me thinking about the green chile potato pancakes I make for breakfast after... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:48pm on 01/01/19
- man, that sounds wonderful, Michael. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:45am on 01/03/19