Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Well, that'll teach me to go shopping without my reading glasses. What do I do with...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #3443 at 2:17 pm on Sep 9, 2006
a small box of green lentils that I THOUGHT was priced $3.99, but was ACTUALLY priced $9.99?
No, no...for $9.99, let us call them precisely what they are:
"La Lentille Verte Du Puy"
"Groene Linzen Uit Le Puy"
"Le Puy Grüne Linsen"
Obviously, $9.99 helps pay for a translator.
So...any suggestions on how to use 500g of French lentils? Considering I pay 89¢ a pound for brown ones, my repertoire is not all that sophisticated.
The brand is "Sabarot" and they have a cute little website. If you go in through the Lentil graphic, recipes are found at the upper right corner. Or else, pick the escargot from the front page and that will get you directly to the recipes. When you find them, drag your mouse to turn the pages to view the recipes book-style.
Just about all of them looked tasty, but I figured they were working with good French pork and good French duck fat--so I'd like to try my first recipe based on stuff I can get here.
I checked epicurious recipes, but while reading the reviews of the one that got the highest rating, I noticed quite a few mentioned leaving the lentils out next time. Well, gee, that doesn't help.
Just as soon as I get a T&T recipe, I'll sit down and enjoy the dish with the $3.99 imported gingersnaps which also rang up as $9.99.
If my eyes had been as WIDE OPEN as they were when the cashier told me the final bill, I'd have seen the actual prices.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 3443. Well, that'll teach me to go shopping without my reading glasses. What do I do with... [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:17pm on 09/09/06 (44)
- if they are indeed french green lentils they are a tad or 3 high but to die for. - rvb - 2:27pm on 09/09/06
- Thanks, r! If you go outside at ~11:15am, you should feel a slight sonic boom heading your way. ... - MarilynFL - 2:53pm on 09/09/06
- Hey RVB- glad to "hear" your spirits are up! I said a prayer - Denice - 5:29pm on 09/09/06
- Marilyn, a friend always makes lentil cakes with the Puy...how, she wont let me in on but - joanietoo - 7:58pm on 09/09/06
- LOL - but I do prefer them though I don't pay that much for them.... - Music City Missy - 3:13pm on 09/09/06
- merci! [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:28pm on 09/09/06
- Well, you got me in the mood so I just put a pot of them on.... - Music City Missy - 3:52pm on 09/09/06
- "ma cooking"? Is that like "ma engineering" when I was in school at the age of 40 and - MarilynFL - 4:02pm on 09/09/06
- Ma, mom, or Bubbe.... - Music City Missy - 5:39pm on 09/09/06
- I think it was "am" for the dyslexic ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:45pm on 09/11/06
- Melissa have fun tonight! I know you will. [NT] - Denice - 5:31pm on 09/09/06
- Green Lentil Salad - MarkinHouston - 5:46pm on 09/09/06
- Graisse de canard! Oh, la-la! [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:53pm on 09/09/06
- My favourite lentil soup is Dahl made with orange lentils [NT] - joanietoo - 8:08pm on 09/09/06
- I just came across these tiny green lentils with mottling at the local health food store but...... - aajay - 1:36pm on 09/10/06
- Sacré bleu! Ce qui beaucoup! [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:23pm on 09/11/06
- REC: Salmon with bacon and lentils. This is really good. I've made it with the bacon but - Joe - 3:23pm on 09/09/06
- merci beaucoup! ( I just love Babelfish) [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:29pm on 09/09/06
- That sounds sooooo good and purty too,saved, Thanks! [NT] - Nan - 4:58pm on 09/09/06
- de rien. It's impressive looking, but fairly easy. [NT] - Joe - 5:06pm on 09/09/06
- REC: From the box..... - EvaN - 5:52pm on 09/09/06
- Mon appréciation, Eva. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:56pm on 09/09/06
- Marilyn, these are my favorite lentils. I am lucky enough to have a friend [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 3:53pm on 09/09/06
- Vous êtes le plus aimable! (I'm getting my $10 bucks worth of French here) [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:04pm on 09/09/06
- This lentil salad is very good. I make it all the time for an quick and easy lunch. Don't omit... - DawnNYS - 6:21pm on 09/09/06
- Goût de conserves au vinaigre? Okay, I'll use it. Merci, D. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:57pm on 09/09/06
- I checked for info in Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian " - BobbiJoAZ - 4:04pm on 09/09/06
- Je suis le plus reconnaissant, BobbiJo. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:09pm on 09/09/06
- I think I would use the green lentils where they could be the star, but this is an amazing soup---- - Nan - 4:52pm on 09/09/06
- Bénissez-vous! [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:13pm on 09/09/06
- Peut-être qu'on pourrait partir un forum de disussions en français? ;o) [NT] - Mimi - 12:31pm on 09/10/06
- Oui, ben, pourquoi pas? Ca serait chouette! ;-) [NT] - ErininPrague - 6:34pm on 09/10/06
- "Yes, Ben, why not? Ca would be owl" [babelfish translation!] [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:32pm on 09/10/06
- Yes, well, why not? That would be cool! [NT] - ErininPrague - 5:24pm on 09/11/06
- Thanks Erin...I wondered what the purgatory babelfish meant. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:19pm on 09/11/06
- Oh my, this looks so good! [NT] - Curious1 - 6:41pm on 09/09/06
- What do you mean by salt blend? Is that like Morton's or Lawery's seasoned salt? I have some of - Curious1 - 6:45pm on 09/09/06
- Whoops, thought that might be confusing--That should be Penzey's Maharaja Blend....... - Nan - 7:25pm on 09/09/06
- Nan, would you believe I have the Maharajah curry? Ordered it the last time, I must - Curious1 - 9:53pm on 09/09/06
- Just re-read your post above about butternut squash soup. I just got some - pkline - 10:50am on 09/10/06
- Will do later today [NT] - Nan - 2:24pm on 09/10/06
- Sorry, too much football yesterday!!!Recipe is posted down in #3474 [NT] - Nan - 8:23pm on 09/11/06
- I read this recipe at 4:30 and went down and made it. It is SO good. - pkline - 2:09am on 09/10/06
- Way cool! Thanks for the feedback [NT] - Nan - 2:17am on 09/10/06