Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO Southerners - what do I do with my okra?! It is now...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #3558 at 6:33 pm on Sep 15, 2006
10 inches long and starting to curl! Should I have harvested it when it was only 2-3 inches long (like I see in stores)? Would it be too tough now? And besides gumbo, what do you use this funny little green pod for? I don't like it deep-fried.
Also, someone please tell me again, why am I simmering my own tomato sauce for 2 hours when I can buy it for 96 cents at the grocery store?! (Kinda tongue-in-cheek, but besides knowing that it is full of healthy ingredients, what is the advantage?)
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 3558. ISO Southerners - what do I do with my okra?! It is now... - DawnNYS - 6:33pm on 09/15/06 (20)
- Because it will taste better and probably have less sugar and sodium & because you're a foodie? [NT] - Curious1 - 7:12pm on 09/15/06
- Oh, and I think the okra's probably toast. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:13pm on 09/15/06
- Sounds like they would make a great addition to a funky floral arrangement! just kidding - how bout - Heather_in_SF - 8:17pm on 09/15/06
- It would make a fun wreath [NT] - AngAk - 8:44pm on 09/15/06
- They can be very good for that--spray gold for Christmas. [NT] - pkline - 9:01pm on 09/15/06
- A cajun wreath, the okra sprayed gold,some dry red peppers, garlic, and? craft fair here you come! [NT] - Nan - 9:12pm on 09/15/06
- This is the best use of okra ever imagined. [NT] - Sylvia - 9:48pm on 09/15/06
- LOL [NT] - AngAk - 10:20pm on 09/15/06
- Send a picture to Martha Stewart and maybe you could be on her show! [NT] - AngAk - 10:21pm on 09/15/06
- Should be the only use of okra! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 10:29pm on 09/15/06
- Oh, I love this idea! The flowers were a pretty yellow, too. ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:16pm on 09/16/06
- It's toast as someone else said.And do use it in a floral arrangement. And yes, - pkline - 8:33pm on 09/15/06
- Okra is usually woody by the time it grows this big(more) - daricem - 8:36pm on 09/15/06
- Simmering tomato sauce for two hours? Here is how I do mine. - KarenNoCA - 11:49pm on 09/15/06
- This sounds wonderful, Karen! My tomatoes were a disaster this year (new soggy garden) - Joe - 4:49am on 09/16/06
- This sounds great, Karen - thanks for posting! [NT] - Meryl - 5:23am on 09/16/06
- This sounds very good. I used to simmer mine for much shorter, but it... - DawnNYS - 5:20pm on 09/16/06
- 'Tried it last night! I vote for this to be in the Hall of Fame. - DawnNYS - 9:21pm on 09/20/06
- Well around here they paint it up to look like Santa's face & beard.... - Music City Missy - 3:23pm on 09/16/06
- Cute! [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:21pm on 09/16/06