Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Cornbread is WONDERFUL when baked in a hot cast iron skillet!
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #455 at 12:52 am on Jan 16, 2006
It makes a nice crispy edge to it that is TDF!
Preheat skillet in hot oven, remove, then use whatever fat you want (butter, bacon grease, oil) and add a little flour to it then spread it around the hot pan. Pour batter in and return skillet to oven to bake. Won't stick and is awesome!
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Other messages in this thread:
- 455. ISO T &T Jalapeno corn bread recipe(nt) [NT] - sherri in IN - 11:48pm on 01/15/06 (10)
- T&T REC Mexican Cornbread - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:37am on 01/16/06
- Thanks, Cathy. Can I use a 9 x 13 pan for this? [NT] - sherri in IN - 12:40am on 01/16/06
- It is a little large for the recipe- I use a 9" square pan but you could double the recipe [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:51am on 01/16/06
- Cornbread is WONDERFUL when baked in a hot cast iron skillet! - GayleMO - 12:52am on 01/16/06
- Yes, yes, yes..this is the way to make cornbread! [NT] - ValinFL - 1:00am on 01/16/06
- I absolutely agree cast iron is the way to go but sometimes I need to make a lot and - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:03am on 01/16/06
- I agree about the cast iron, but I need a big pan for my book club(more) - sherri in IN - 1:59am on 01/16/06
- Beefy Mexican Cornbread recipe. - Sherry-TX - 12:07am on 02/01/06