Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Just made this delicious REC: Orange Marmalade Bread originally posted by Gay R...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #460 at 3:45 pm on Jan 16, 2006
Orange Marmalade Bread
Recipe By :John Blinn/Quick & Delicious Breads
Serving Size : 12
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup coarsely broken walnuts
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
1 cup orange marmalade
1 cup orange juice -- or milk
2 tablespoons melted butter -- or oil
Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
Add walnuts and orange rind; stir to coat evenly.
In a separate bowl, beat marmalade, eggs, orange juice and melted butter until blended. Add to dry ingredients; mix until thoroughly moistened.
Bake in a well greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan in a preheated 350 degree F. oven 1 hour, or until cake tests done.
Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing pan; cool thoroughly before cutting.
Serve in thin slices with cream cheese whipped with additional orange marmalade.
Other messages in this thread:
- 460. Just made this delicious REC: Orange Marmalade Bread originally posted by Gay R... - charlie - 3:45pm on 01/16/06 (5)
- Wow, hardly any oil in it, only 2 eggs...would this qualify as low-fat, anyone know? [NT] - ValinFL - 6:38pm on 01/16/06
- Here's the nutritional breakdown... - charlie - 8:28pm on 01/16/06
- Thank you, Charlie! [NT] - ValinFL - 6:03pm on 01/17/06
- Serving 12, I would say most definately it would be considered... - DawnNYS - 6:46pm on 01/16/06
- I'm always on the hunt for new quick bread recipes. Will have to try. Thanks. NT [NT] - MiainMD - 2:52am on 01/17/06