Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Chicken Enchilda Casserole in the Crockpot
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #454 at 10:30 pm on Jan 17, 2006
Basically, I make a casserole and instead of baking it, I put it in a slow cooker.
2 cups leftover chicken, cubed
1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
16 oz tomato sauce (or salsa)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
favorite recipe for cornbread (I use a mix and add a Tbsp of honey and/or pepper relish to it)
Combine all ingredients except for cheese and cornbread, and place in a well-greased slow cooker.
For the top layer, sprinkle the cheese, and finish by pouring 1 cup of cornbread batter over all. Use the rest to make muffins, as adding more will cause the bread to "take over" the recipe and you will have 90% cornbread!
Set on high for an hour and then reduce to low for another 6 hours.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, more shredded cheese.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 454. REC: Coconut Beef Curry in Crockpot - Anna_X - 10:17pm on 01/15/06 (8)
- I am always on the hunt for crockpot recipes! Thanks for posting. NT [NT] - MiainMD - 12:49am on 01/16/06
- You're very welcome. What's one of your favorites? NT [NT] - Anna_X - 2:44am on 01/16/06
- Hi Anna, I wonder how this would work with chicken... - DawnNYS - 6:33pm on 01/16/06
- I borrowed a cookbook from the library "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook" by - ValinFL - 12:32am on 01/17/06
- Tks for this recipe, I am going to make this for a party NT [NT] - carroll-astana - 5:43am on 01/16/06