Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Julie R - WA||
Dessert - rec: Mom's Pumpkin Cake " Brownies "
Joined: Nov 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #4643 at 7:54 pm on Nov 22, 2006
** Mom's Pumpkin Cake " Brownies " **
Last year my mom brought to Thanksgiving dinner a pan of what the original recipe called "brownies" but looked more like a sheet cake. After taking a taste of it, I decided I had to type up and post the recipe - it is so wonderfully moist, almost gooey, and absolutely delicious! She clipped the recipe from a magazine, not sure which one. Mom says it was really easy to make. I say you'll love it and will be handing out the recipe to friends. :)
time to make 40 min 10 min prep
2 cups cooked and pumpkin puree or 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
4 ounces softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease and flour a 7 1/2 by 11 (not a 9x13 or the pieces will be too thin) inch baking dish.
2. In a mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, pumpkin, and sugar.
3. Add remaining cake ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Pour into the greased and floured dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched; let cool.
5. With an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
6. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
7. Add milk to desired texture if too thick, or additional sugar if too thin.
8. When cake is cool, spread the frosting over the top.
Link: Mom's Pumpkin Cake " Brownies "
Life is grand!
Other messages in this thread:
- 4643. Some of the recipes I'll be using for holiday cooking... [NT] - Julie R - WA - 7:09am on 11/22/06 (27)
- Cookies - rec: Herbfarm Rosemary Shortbread [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:12am on 11/22/06
- Cookies - rec: Florentines - Fiorentine (Florentine Cookies) [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:15am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Classic Bread Turkey Stuffing [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:18am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Home Style Scalloped Potatoes [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:20am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Southern Comfort Holiday Yams [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:16am on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Perfection Salad [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:20am on 11/22/06
- oh my, this is an oldie but goodie. [NT] - AngAk - 8:36am on 11/22/06
- Ah...memories. This was the first recipe I attempted on my own when I was about 10 or 11. I found - Curious1 - 1:24pm on 11/22/06
- My first thing I made on my own was potato soup. :) I can't imagine trying Perfection Salad first!! [NT] - Julie R - WA - 7:18pm on 11/22/06
- Bread - rec: Overnight Fluffy Rolls [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:23am on 11/22/06
- Paella.... we're not turkey lovers... oh, and garlic bread :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:50pm on 11/22/06
- I LOVE paella! We're not turkey lovers either - making roast chicken w/ garlic ,caramelized onions, - Meryl - 7:22pm on 11/22/06
- I posted the paella recipe in the T&T seafood recipes :) [NT] - cheezz - 11:27pm on 11/24/06
- Cheezz--Your paella Recipe.......... - chloe - 5:49am on 12/22/06
- Cookies, T&T faves - rec: White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:30pm on 11/22/06
- Julie, thank you for posting! Do you have any idea of the shelf life for - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:38pm on 11/30/06
- To be honest, they're usually eaten within a couple of days, so I don't know... :) But - Julie R - WA - 4:27pm on 12/01/06
- Sides - rec: Chopped Blue Cheese Salad [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:40pm on 11/22/06
- Appetizer - rec: Baked Brie Pastries With Artichoke and Prosciutto [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 7:45pm on 11/22/06
- Sides - rec: Christiana Campbell's Tavern Spoon Bread [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:51pm on 11/22/06
- Dessert - rec: Mom's Pumpkin Cake " Brownies " [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:54pm on 11/22/06
- Appetizer - rec: Baked Layered Italian Spread [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 7:58pm on 11/22/06
- this sounds terrific Julie. Very festive too. [NT] - AngAk - 5:15pm on 11/27/06
- Breakfast - rec: Delicious Overnight Coffee Cake [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:03pm on 11/22/06
- Snack - rec: Extra Special Holiday Chex Mix [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:15pm on 11/22/06
- Beverage - rec: New Ginger Wine [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 8:19pm on 11/22/06
- Dessert - rec: Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds [LINK] [IMAGE] - Julie R - WA - 8:23pm on 11/22/06