Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
I use that cut from Smart and Final for Sandra's Chile Verde and any dish...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #5184 at 1:47 pm on Jan 5, 2007
...calling for pork shoulder. It browns well and braises or stews very tender. Good deal too, as it is boneless and doesn't have a lot of waste.
From "Ask a Butcher": "The "cushion" comes from the Pork Shoulder Picnic (or Arm), The picnic shoulder is more economical than the Boston Butt, but also contains more fat than the blade shoulder. When the bone and fat is trimmed from this cut it results in a very rich flavored roast. The meat from this cut is excellent for making juicy barbecued pulled pork. The Picnic has a large bone and joint that runs through the middle of the roast, one side has a large lean muscle...that is the "cushion". You can also slice and pound them for pork cutlets, stew meat, etc and use them in any chicken recipe."
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 5184. Speaking of Pork: What exactly is "pork cusion meat"? (more)_ - mistral - 9:36pm on 01/04/07 (21)
- Isn't that my butt? [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:52am on 01/05/07
- what, no censoring? [NT] - AngAk - 3:24am on 01/05/07
- You know, 2 seconds after posting this, I had second thoughts and decided - MarilynFL - 12:41pm on 01/05/07
- Just kidding. I wonder why some words, like Dic% are bleeped, but not others. [NT] - AngAk - 6:22pm on 01/05/07
- Uh... huh-huh--huh-huh--huh-huh. Uh... huh-huh--huh-huh--huh-huh…. [IMAGE] - Sandy_in_Philly - 3:46pm on 01/05/07
- I use that cut from Smart and Final for Sandra's Chile Verde and any dish... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:47pm on 01/05/07
- Michael...have you ever used Smart and Final's bag o' carne asada... - Dawn_MO - 2:07pm on 01/05/07
- No, I haven't Dawn. Is it pre-seasoned? Or just pre-cut? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:17pm on 01/05/07
- Just pre-cut. I used my own seasoning... - Dawn_MO - 7:10pm on 01/05/07
- I really like the carne asada - I'll find the recipe I used with it last summer and post it for you [NT] - LisainLA - 6:29pm on 01/06/07
- Here is the recipe - from Sandra in London: REC: Carne Asada a la Tampiquena [LINK] - LisainLA - 8:41pm on 01/06/07
- Here's a link that works, Lisa. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:55pm on 01/06/07
- This is the one I have always used, but I 'tweak' it... - cheezz - 1:05am on 01/08/07
- Sounds like great additions, cheezz. [NT] - LisainLA - 4:44pm on 01/08/07
- Thanks Michael, I googled only got more confused. I know exactly what it is now. I'm wondering if - Curious1 - 2:11pm on 01/05/07
- It's my favourite pork bit. I find it differs in cuts here vs the US and in fact from one store to - Marg CDN - 3:01pm on 01/05/07
- Farmer John meats out of California packs the product I buy at Smart & Final. It may be... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:16pm on 01/05/07
- Around here we call Smart and Final. . . - mistral - 3:20pm on 01/06/07
- There's only one word around here that I think should be permanently banned: - Michael in Phoenix - 5:33am on 01/07/07