Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Ha! You picked the only part of the recipe that is dissimilar to mine but, to answer your question,
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #5296 at 7:22 pm on Jan 11, 2007
yes. I googled jaggery for you. I've never used it.
Scroll down to jaggery.
Other messages in this thread:
- 5296. ISO: saffron rice - good recipe anyone? - cheezz - 4:39pm on 01/11/07 (9)
- My Indian cookbook is at home but if you go to the old Gail's [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 6:16pm on 01/11/07
- Here is the link to the recipe. Is brown sugar the substitute for jaggery? [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:59pm on 01/11/07
- Ha! You picked the only part of the recipe that is dissimilar to mine but, to answer your question, [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 7:22pm on 01/11/07
- thanks, her recipe mentions brown, but then doesn't finish the line [NT] - AngAk - 7:27pm on 01/11/07
- That's interesting... the recipe for saffron rice calls for 1 tsp. saffron rice!? [NT] - cheezz - 7:53pm on 01/11/07
- Just a typo. See directions, "Place saffron in small bowl - - -" [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 8:35pm on 01/11/07
- Maybe we should just try Julia's---it has vermouth! [NT] - AngAk - 8:42pm on 01/11/07
- LOL! Yeah, who needs sugar... [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 1:02pm on 01/12/07
- Here is a T & T from Julia Child - REC: Saffron Rice - LisainLA - 6:28pm on 01/11/07