Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Saucisson Paysanne (Kielbasa In White Wine Sauce)
Joined: Jan 1, 2006
Posted to Thread #5714 at 9:24 pm on Feb 11, 2007
This is so simple and the sauce is incredible for dipping with a good hunk of artisan bread.
Saucisson Paysanne (Kielbasa In White Wine Sauce)
1 pound smoked keilbasa
1 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon light brown sugar -- use heaping tablespoon
2 tablespoons strong Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Calvados or brandy
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
fresh bread, sliced
Cut the kielbasa into 1 inch slices, then cut each slice into quarters. Put the meat in a heavy skillet just large enough to hold all the pieces in a single layer and pour in the wine.
Bring the wine to a boil and cook uncovered until the wine has almost evaporated and looks syrupy, about 12 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, mustard, and Calvados; cook 1 minute more.
Toss the sausage with the parsley and pepper to taste. Serve hot or at room temperature with toothpicks for spearing and thin rounds of fresh bread for dipping in the juices.
"The Nantucket Open House Cookbook"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eternity is a ham and two people. ~Dorothy Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 5714. REC: Saucisson Paysanne (Kielbasa In White Wine Sauce) - Debbie_in_GA - 9:24pm on 02/11/07 (10)
- Kielbasa Recipes!! Any more out there? [NT] - clofthwld - 10:14pm on 02/11/07
- There's one I got from Sunset years ago. Sliced with sliced of boiled potato and - Luisa_Calif - 3:41am on 02/12/07
- Jaques Pepin quick winter dinner recipe (more) - Melissa Dallas - 3:22pm on 02/12/07
- CathyZs sausage and bacon casserole [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:26pm on 02/12/07
- A favorite at my house- Sausage-Lentil Soup - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:19pm on 02/12/07
- this is the one I'll make for a "hot dish" pot luck for my bookclub ladies. We read the book - AngAk - 10:01pm on 02/12/07
- Enjoy it, Angie- and have a great trip to Seattle! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:08pm on 02/12/07
- REC: Jane Brody's Polish Potato Casserole - Dawn_MO - 3:38am on 02/12/07
- Thanks Dawn_MO. I would be really interested in hearing more about your tips for feeding the family - hallie in fla - 3:30pm on 02/12/07
- Sure hallie. There was a great thread about this awhile back, but - Dawn_MO - 9:09pm on 02/13/07