Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 24, 2005
Posted to Thread #694 at 1:17 pm on Feb 5, 2006
EL GRUPO EPICURIO DE AMERICA LATINA PRESENTA......
Welcome to the Latin American Epicurean
Tour Groupís weekend escape! Join us
while we travel exotic regions of Latin
and South America, and eat our way through
three countries in two days!
The first stop is the lush rainforest of
BRAZIL. We will arrive at our villa around
noon, just in time for brunch....Itís very
warm, but under the cool shade of the tree
tops, you will feel cool and calm. Our
tables are set by the patio, so, sit down,
relax, and listen to the gentle sounds of
the monkeys, the birds, and Roberto Carlos
singing romantic ballads.
Today we will enjoy a typical Brazilian
dish, FEIJOADA...it is a heady blend of
meats, beans and spices that is sure to
leave you sated after a few servings.
After, please help yourselves to our large
table of fresh tropical fruits...any fruit
you have ever dreamed of or imagined will
be available for your enjoyment. So, raise
your glasses of CAIPIRINHAS or beer and
enjoy the meal...you will have plenty of
time to recuperate....
When we meet again for late night cocktails
and appetisers in the evening, you can enjoy
more caipirinhas and a special SHRIMP
MOQUECA....Some dancing, perhaps, then rest
and have a good sleep, we have more gourmet
adventures planned for tomorrow.....
On our second stop, we will be arriving in
ARGENTINA, once again, in time for a
leisurely brunch at one of the famous
estancias. You will be greeted by Gauchos
on horseback, and they will lead you to the
covered porch where you will be enjoying
some of the local specialities with some of
the local full-bodied red wine...
The first course will consist of TORTILLA
CAMPESINA and a mixed salad of fresh greens
and home-grown tomatoes.
Then we will be serving POLLO RIO NEGRO and
a hearty CARBONADA CRIOLLA. To go along
with these main dishes, we will serve some
white rice and steamed green beans.
For dessert, you can enjoy the pastry chefís
ALFAJORES DANUBIO covered in DULCE DE LECHE.
After brunch we will enjoy a show of Tangos
and Boleros, two typical styles of songs
that are sure to leave you with a romantic
memory of Argentina.
Later that evening, we will be travelling
back up North a bit to the lush mountains
of GUATEMALA. We will re-convene at the
base of Tikalís Jaguar Pyramid, a site
famous for its history and indigenous
We will lead you to our sumptuous buffet
under the stars, where you will experience
the true cuisine of Guatemala.
But first, to open the appetite, some
PONCHE, Gallo Beer and appetisers, TAMALES
NEGROS and PICADO DE RABANO.
At the main table you will find dishes that
will excite you palate such as JOCON, ARROZ
CON POLLO, CHUCHITOS and CARNE EN ADOBO.
To accompany you will be able to select from
ARROZ GUATEMALTECO, PLATANOS FRITOS,
FRIJOLES NEGROS VOLTEADOS, VERDURAS EN
ESCABECHE and IGUASHTE, a special vegetable
For dessert you can opt for PLATANOS AL
HORNO, or once again, the table of fresh
After dinner we will take a leisurely
stroll by the base of the pyramid, and if
youíre feeling energetic, you can also
climb to the top!
Well, we hope you enjoyed your whirlwind
tour of the Latin and South American
cultures and their very special cuisines.
We know you will want to duplicate these
very typical dishes in your own kitchen, so
following, are all the RECIPES for the
dishes you have savoured this past weekend.
They are easy to make at home, and donít
require special ingredients, itís the
combinations that make them special ! !
BUEN PROVECHO ! ! !
The Latin American Epicurean Tour Group
HASTA LA VISTA, TODOS..........
The Epicurean Latin American Tour group
hopes you have enjoyed your tour of our
wonderful countries, cultures and cuisines!
We hope you will visit again soon !
Sally - Brazil
Sandra - Argentina
Jim - Guatemala
Hasta la vista...nos vemos pronto !
Other messages in this thread:
- 694. Group Project [NT] - KC_ - 12:36pm on 02/05/06 (97)
- Northeast Weekend - KC_ - 12:37pm on 02/05/06
- A texas Celebration of Independence, Invitation - KC_ - 12:38pm on 02/05/06
- A Texas Sunrise Breakfast - KC_ - 12:39pm on 02/05/06
- Texas Appetizers - KC_ - 12:40pm on 02/05/06
- Texas Barbacoa - KC_ - 12:41pm on 02/05/06
- Texas Formal Dining - KC_ - 12:42pm on 02/05/06
- Sweet Midnight Magic - KC_ - 12:43pm on 02/05/06
- Grillmasters, Sunday Dinner on the Grounds - KC_ - 12:44pm on 02/05/06
- Appetizers - KC_ - 12:45pm on 02/05/06
- Beverages - KC_ - 12:46pm on 02/05/06
- Salads Galore and More - KC_ - 12:47pm on 02/05/06
- Meats and Main Dishes - KC_ - 12:48pm on 02/05/06
- Parmesan Chicken - KC_ - 12:49pm on 02/05/06
- Bienvenidos Amigos [NT] - KC_ - 12:50pm on 02/05/06
- Meat, Fowl, Fish - KC_ - 12:51pm on 02/05/06
- Antojito through Egg/Cheese - KC_ - 12:52pm on 02/05/06
- Sides Through Drinks - KC_ - 12:53pm on 02/05/06
- Menu - KC_ - 12:54pm on 02/05/06
- Ambrosial Asian Food Tour [NT] - KC_ - 12:56pm on 02/05/06
- Plantation South - KC_ - 12:58pm on 02/05/06
- Gila Monster Hacienda [NT] - KC_ - 12:59pm on 02/05/06
- Introduction - KC_ - 1:00pm on 02/05/06
- Appetizers - KC_ - 1:01pm on 02/05/06
- Beverages - KC_ - 1:02pm on 02/05/06
- Breads - KC_ - 1:03pm on 02/05/06
- Salads - KC_ - 1:04pm on 02/05/06
- Soups - KC_ - 1:05pm on 02/05/06
- Meats - KC_ - 1:06pm on 02/05/06
- Sauces - KC_ - 1:06pm on 02/05/06
- Vegetables - KC_ - 1:07pm on 02/05/06
- Desserts - KC_ - 1:09pm on 02/05/06
- The Best of the Northwest Dinner Party - KC_ - 1:10pm on 02/05/06
- Pynte and Pye [NT] - KC_ - 1:11pm on 02/05/06
- Introduction - KC_ - 1:12pm on 02/05/06
- Drinks - KC_ - 1:13pm on 02/05/06
- Food - KC_ - 1:14pm on 02/05/06
- Sweet Supper - KC_ - 1:15pm on 02/05/06
- Latin American Epicurean Tour [NT] - KC_ - 1:16pm on 02/05/06
- Introduction - KC_ - 1:17pm on 02/05/06
- Brazil - KC_ - 1:18pm on 02/05/06
- Argentina - KC_ - 1:19pm on 02/05/06
- Guatemala - KC_ - 1:20pm on 02/05/06
- A Winter Dinner to Warm You - KC_ - 1:21pm on 02/05/06
- Not So Traditional Italian Feast [NT] - KC_ - 1:22pm on 02/05/06
- Introduction - KC_ - 1:23pm on 02/05/06
- Appetizers - KC_ - 1:24pm on 02/05/06
- Soups - KC_ - 1:25pm on 02/05/06
- Breads - KC_ - 1:26pm on 02/05/06
- Pastas/Rice/Lentils - KC_ - 1:28pm on 02/05/06
- Roasted Eggplant Caponata - KC_ - 1:29pm on 02/05/06
- Meats, Poultry, Fish/Seafood - KC_ - 1:30pm on 02/05/06
- Desserts - KC_ - 1:31pm on 02/05/06
- Les Francophiles Fabuleux [NT] - KC_ - 1:33pm on 02/05/06
- Dining Elegantly in Paris - KC_ - 1:33pm on 02/05/06
- Eating Simply in Provence - KC_ - 1:34pm on 02/05/06
- Southeastern Beach Bums [NT] - KC_ - 1:36pm on 02/05/06
- Menu - KC_ - 1:36pm on 02/05/06
- Saturday Luncheon - KC_ - 1:37pm on 02/05/06
- Boiled Peanuts - KC_ - 1:38pm on 02/05/06
- Saturday Night Dinner - KC_ - 1:40pm on 02/05/06
- Sunday Brunch - KC_ - 1:41pm on 02/05/06
- Hawaiian O'Hana [NT] - KC_ - 1:43pm on 02/05/06
- Aloha - KC_ - 1:43pm on 02/05/06
- Pupus - KC_ - 1:45pm on 02/05/06
- Drinks, non alcoholic - KC_ - 1:45pm on 02/05/06
- Da Booze Kine - KC_ - 1:46pm on 02/05/06
- Coffee and Tea - KC_ - 1:47pm on 02/05/06
- Salads - KC_ - 1:48pm on 02/05/06
- soups - KC_ - 1:49pm on 02/05/06
- Main Course - KC_ - 1:50pm on 02/05/06
- Sauces - KC_ - 1:51pm on 02/05/06
- Starch - KC_ - 1:52pm on 02/05/06
- Desserts - KC_ - 1:53pm on 02/05/06
- Fabulous Napa Valley Moveable Feast [NT] - KC_ - 1:55pm on 02/05/06
- A Moveable Feast - KC_ - 1:56pm on 02/05/06
- Late Morning Menu - KC_ - 1:57pm on 02/05/06
- Late Afternoon Menu - KC_ - 1:58pm on 02/05/06
- Dessert Menu - KC_ - 1:59pm on 02/05/06
- Decadent Dessert Buffet [NT] - KC_ - 2:01pm on 02/05/06
- Introduction - KC_ - 2:01pm on 02/05/06
- Biscotti - KC_ - 2:02pm on 02/05/06
- Cookies - KC_ - 2:03pm on 02/05/06
- Chocolate Desserts - KC_ - 2:04pm on 02/05/06
- Desserts Without Chocolate - KC_ - 2:06pm on 02/05/06
- Collection of 19th Century Receipts [NT] - KC_ - 2:09pm on 02/05/06
- Menu for a Week - KC_ - 2:09pm on 02/05/06
- Cakes - KC_ - 2:11pm on 02/05/06
- Pies - KC_ - 2:11pm on 02/05/06
- Puddings and Ice Cream - KC_ - 2:13pm on 02/05/06
- Invalid Cookery - KC_ - 2:14pm on 02/05/06
- Ketchups and Pickles - KC_ - 2:15pm on 02/05/06
- Miscellaneous Receipts - KC_ - 2:16pm on 02/05/06
- Household Hints - KC_ - 2:17pm on 02/05/06
- This is an incredible collection!!! Thanks for posting! [NT] - joyce in upstate NY - 12:35am on 02/06/06
- Just a note, looks like two groups got combined... - Richard in Cincy - 3:44am on 02/07/06