Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
ISO: Opinions on Ovens
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #6427 at 9:50 am on Apr 23, 2007
I'm interested in what people think of their built in double wall ovens after several years of use. What are the problems?
We're cutting our losses on the worst oven manufacturer in the universe (brought to you by the Whirlpool Corporation who have made the Kitchen Aid oven one of the most problematic and repair-prone ovens in the industry) and are replacing it.
I'm leaning towards a totally stripped down GE model with no bells and no whistles (which means minimal electronic circuitry to blow and start the repair cycle nightmare all over again).
Other messages in this thread:
- 6427. ISO: Opinions on Ovens - Richard in Cincy - 9:50am on 04/23/07 (17)
- Have you checked Consumer Reports? Great info on problems/benefits. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 11:36am on 04/23/07
- We have a dacor; been very happy with it. I am not a baker; so I can't comment on - barb_b - 12:08pm on 04/23/07
- Incidentally, the May Consumer Reports gives the most and least reliable brands. You're right about - Curious1 - 12:30pm on 04/23/07
- I had double Thermadors for years and loved them, Richard- it was several years ago though. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:35pm on 04/23/07
- I bought top of the line GEs - 30 years ago. They were the best available then & [LINK] - Marg CDN - 1:27pm on 04/23/07
- Marg, Cyn, - Richard in Cincy - 3:49pm on 04/23/07
- Well, by the way, I slipped in to an appliance repair shop recently, & talked with a fellow - Marg CDN - 5:16pm on 04/23/07
- I have double GE's. The only thing that took getting used to was the cool down fan. The ovens - CynUpstateNY - 2:49pm on 04/23/07
- Richard, we are ordering the GE Monogram double ovens.... - Barbara in VA - 4:44pm on 04/23/07
- We put the GE Monograms in our new kitchen also. LOVE them. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 9:00pm on 04/23/07
- I don't have one but I want a TurboChef like at work..... [LINK] - Music City Missy - 5:09pm on 04/23/07
- Yup...my oven doors are kinda like that woman's glasses. Probably a lot older though. [NT] - Marg CDN - 5:18pm on 04/23/07
- lol! [NT] - wildwoods - 8:48am on 04/25/07
- I have a kitchenaid double oven and a Viking range, - Cindy - 8:45pm on 04/23/07
- & in case you just have to know, my GE frig is still going. A light bulb burned out last week tho, - Marg CDN - 9:57am on 04/25/07
- Re: ISO: Opinions on Ovens - wekick - 6:40am on 04/26/07
- thanks for the tip! [NT] - AngAk - 3:37pm on 04/26/07